Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MAG Capacity with Henning DWX & MBX Extreme Spring/Follower

stick

I'm running a P10F Competition Ready/Optics ready in Cary Optics.  I ordered three Henning DWX Basepads with MBX Follower & Springs.  

Here's the info from Henning:

For the P10 19 round magazine this kit will increase capacity to 22 + 1  IF YOU SHORTEN THE LEGS OF THE FACTORY FOLLOWER (SLIGHTLY). See last picture !

Adding MBX Extreme follower and spring:

When you combine our extension with the MBX follower and spring kit in a 19 round P10 magazine, you will increase the capacity to 24 + 1.   

Problem is when I put 24 in the mag, I can run 24 rounds because I have one in the pipe and 23 in the mag.  When I Barney with one round and put in the ag with 24, after the first shot, the gun doesn't cycle.

The springs and followers are new.  I put 24 dummy rounds into each mag for about a week.  

Anyone successfully running 24+1?

8 hours ago, stick said:

I'm running a P10F Competition Ready/Optics ready in Cary Optics.  I ordered three Henning DWX Basepads with MBX Follower & Springs.  

Here's the info from Henning:

For the P10 19 round magazine this kit will increase capacity to 22 + 1  IF YOU SHORTEN THE LEGS OF THE FACTORY FOLLOWER (SLIGHTLY). See last picture !

Adding MBX Extreme follower and spring:

When you combine our extension with the MBX follower and spring kit in a 19 round P10 magazine, you will increase the capacity to 24 + 1.   

Problem is when I put 24 in the mag, I can run 24 rounds because I have one in the pipe and 23 in the mag.  When I Barney with one round and put in the ag with 24, after the first shot, the gun doesn't cycle.

The springs and followers are new.  I put 24 dummy rounds into each mag for about a week.  

Anyone successfully running 24+1?

No problem 24+1 here

On 8/14/2023 at 6:15 PM, sandflea316 said:

Load the mag to capacity then unload it.  Do it a dozen times.  Do that and do what you did before keeping them loaded to  24, that should help

I'll Try it.  Thanks

On 8/14/2023 at 10:48 PM, ColoradoNick said:

No problem 24+1 here

Did you do anything special, or did it work from the start?

On 8/17/2023 at 11:19 AM, ColoradoNick said:

Didn't even try and break the springs in, they just worked 24+1 from the start. I actually just got two more that also work. 

What gun are you running them in?