Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex 10 in 2023

10 hours ago, xxratchetxx said:

I'm looking to upgrade my current LnL AP and the manual Apex 10 is tied for first place. The big draw is the primer issues i keep seeing everywhere. Has this issue been addressed at Mark VII? Or is it still a plague?

Hi, check out this FB Group for most current updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mark7Reloaders/ 

On 8/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, xxratchetxx said:

I'm looking to upgrade my current LnL AP and the manual Apex 10 is tied for first place. The big draw is the primer issues i keep seeing everywhere. Has this issue been addressed at Mark VII? Or is it still a plague?

Came from an RL1100 to the manual Apex 10, and I can honestly say when set up correctly and kept clean the priming system is 99% trouble free!

I had many more issues with the RL1100's priming system that became a PIA on the first batch of reloads.  I have heard that the FW Arms priming linkage system has definitely been an improvement.

https://fwarms.com/shop/reloading/priming/f-w-arms-primetime/

Having 10 stations available has been a HUGE improvement to the safety and overall experience; and my goal of eventually automating (digitally) and including the Primer Orientation Sensor among others will be the final "icing on the cake" for me!

IMO, primer issues will always be the #1 concern with these entry level "commercial grade" machines.  Having a complete and thorough knowledge of the operating parameters and maintenance requirements will always be the key........

I highly recommend the Apex 10; and their Customer Support is EXCELLENT!!!

👍👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
update

A good example of what can be expected with the Apex 10's latest priming system.

I also encourage his smooth, consistent rhythm with a bit of dwell at the top and bottom depending on powder used..........

👍

12 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Came from an RL1100 to the manual Apex 10, and I can honestly say when set up correctly and kept clean the priming system is 99% trouble free!

I had many more issues with the RL1100's priming system that became a PIA on the first batch of reloads.  I have heard that the FW Arms priming linkage system has definitely been an improvement.

Having 10 stations available has been a HUGE improvement to the safety and overall experience; and my goal of eventually automating (digitally) and including the Primer Orientation Sensor among others will be the final "icing on the cake" for me!

IMO, primer issues will always be the #1 concern with these entry level "commercial grade" machines.  Having a complete and thorough knowledge of the operating parameters and maintenance requirements will always be the key........

I highly recommend the Apex 10; and their Customer Support is EXCELLENT!!!

👍👍

Fully agree, once you set up the A10 correctly, know how it operates and you maintain it correctly is a dream and huge time saver. Agree too on the support, with special call out to John Vlieger!

Edited by StefVanHauwe

11 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

A good example of what can be expected with the Apex 10's latest priming system.

I also encourage his smooth, consistent rhythm with a bit of dwell at the top and bottom depending on powder used..........

👍

So still early, no coffee, just a glance at the video title and for a brief second my brain reads:

"Apex  10,000 rounds in 3 minutes!!"

21 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

@SSGJohnV is definitely an asset to the company!  Always enjoy his videos and live feeds!

3 hours ago, StefVanHauwe said:

special call out to John Vlieger!

Yes John Vlieger is amazing.  Some of the best Tech Support I have ever encountered when fixing my used 1050.

• 4 months later...
On 8/5/2023 at 9:37 PM, xxratchetxx said:

Did you wind up getting the Apex 10?  I’m looking at doing the same upgrade from my Hornady LnL AP to the Apex 10. I’m sitting at about 30k rounds for the year on the Hornady and I’d love to move this volume to something that will handle it better.