Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOK Veloce grips for the Rival S

WxGuy

They look good but holy s#!t they are expensive. Especially considering they are not palm swell. I silicon carbide the stock strap and cover the rest with grip tape and its money. I'm Experimenting with another back strap im going to do a post on soon. 

2 hours ago, WxGuy said:

They go together like the Walther Q5 Steel gun grips.  Very nicely done.

I added front strap tape too and the gun now feels solid in the hand.

I don’t doubt they’re nicely built but the price just seemed excessive to me. Here’s my setup on my new chrome. . Just discovered vicious grip tape and this s#!t is crazy aggressive. 

8267864A-4641-445E-B857-0AA60DBB1E4D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I grabbed at set of the LOK grips and I gotta say, they’re really nice. Thing I like about G10 grips vs. grip tape or other similar options is the grip isn’t so “grippy” that its difficult to rotate my hand around the gun to hit the mag button, or make a grip adjustment on a draw. But man, once my grip is locked in, the gun really doesn’t want to go anywhere. I think these grips are a huge improvement over stock. Yeah, they’re a bit spendy, but they address what I thought was a shortcoming of the pistol in stock form, so they’re worth it to me.

• 4 weeks later...

I scored Dark Side gun #2 today and will put on the LOK Blue/Grey grips to tell them apart.  Of course I could always say gun 1 has the red trigger!  I really like this gun.

I found the insertion issue with the newer Canik, not MecGar, mags.  Did a little filing with a straight diamond file on the front right lip when looking at it from the back and all are now 100%.  I'll probably do some polishing on the FPB plunger too just to make sure.  It fired all ammo run through it tonight.  Gun 2 (on top) had 840 rounds through it.  Now 950.

image.png.e1d32f5149662e0ba76602d78b629ead.png

On 8/2/2023 at 9:03 PM, TheChef1 said:

I don’t doubt they’re nicely built but the price just seemed excessive to me. Here’s my setup on my new chrome. . Just discovered vicious grip tape and this s#!t is crazy aggressive. 

8267864A-4641-445E-B857-0AA60DBB1E4D.jpeg

Vicious tape is incredible. Everyone that touches my gun compares it to barbed wire. Lol

22 hours ago, lroy said:

Vicious tape is incredible. Everyone that touches my gun compares it to barbed wire. Lol

Yeah dude I love it. It’s painful in a good way lol. But it doesn’t cut me or tear me up. Not yet at least. I haven’t shot a match with that gun yet though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 2:02 AM, hermes_actual said:

I wasn't impressed with the Lok Veloce "grippiness" - returned them. I'm used to silicon carbide I guess, but I hate the job of applying it. I'm back to Handle It grip tape for now - changing it every six months or so. Hoping the Lok aluminum grips have more bite. The brass are too heavy for me.

it was super simple to apply to the backstrap. took 5-10 minutes. 

• 6 months later...

I just saw that LOK now has the Palm Swell Veloce for the Rival S. Has anyone tried them?

I have the Veloce Palm Swells on my Shadow 2 and love 'em.

Wondering tho how they will be on a Rival S?