Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What +5 bases are these

Ryan N

I bought these 10 years ago or more and cannot remember who made them.  Also, do you think I need new springs?  What's a good +5 spring and where to get them?  TTI is out of stock.

20230722_054851.jpg

On 7/23/2023 at 10:54 AM, Ryan N said:

I don't see a Wolff spring that states that it's for +5 Glock mags.  All I see is the +10% Glock mags.  

Those are the ones you should be throwing in - work in every basepad I’ve tried 

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

The Wolff +10% springs are considerably weaker than my old Dawson springs.  This pic shows the Wolff spring after leaving loaded for two days.  I'm going back to Dawson springs which have been 100% reliable with the exception of the Glock 17 with Brownells slide. 

I've returned the Brownells slide and have sent a G34 slide to BattleWorx to be milled for a 507 cut.  

20230803_045928.thumb.jpg.a6db0c63556a4ca374eee9a548c48bde.jpg

Slide came in from BattleWerx today after only 13 days.  I've been a machinist for 30 years and am very particular.  The workmanship on this slide is fantastic.  I can't recommend them enough.

20230819_123012.jpg

Edited by Ryan N

5 hours ago, Ryan N said:

Slide came in from BattleWerx today after only 13 days.  I've been a machinist for 30 years and am very particular.  The workmanship on this slide is fantastic.  I can't recommend them enough.

20230819_123012.jpg

Hmm, not sure why you posted this here, but I will concur that they do good work. They’ve done two Glock slides for me and I’m very happy with their work. 

7 hours ago, Cuz said:

Hmm, not sure why you posted this here, but I will concur that they do good work. They’ve done two Glock slides for me and I’m very happy with their work. 

It seems that I drifted my own thread, LOL.  I was having malfunctions with a Brownells slide that I tried to resolve.  Along the way one of my attempts was mag springs.  In the end I sent the slide back to Brownells for a refund and send a G34 slide to BattleWerx.  I suspect my malfunctions will be gone now.