Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended gunsmith for S&W 929?

Cuz

A buddy of mine tried to install an Apex hammer in his 929, and now it’s in a bunch of pieces in a ziplock bag. He now realized he is way over his head. Just cuz you can shoot it doesn’t make you a gunsmith, even if you do happen to own a dremel.
He’s looking for a good gunsmith to finish the job and put it all back together for him. 

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Cuz

Honestly it's not really that bad of job to R&R on a smith. I would have him watch some YouTube videos a few times and take it step by step. The first few times I took one apart it was a chore now it's easy. The TK hammer does require some very minor fitting in the limited experience I have. Worst case he could send it to TK have them smooth it out in the process. There are others but they seem to have the fastest turn around time. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel45 said:

Honestly it's not really that bad of job to R&R on a smith. I would have him watch some YouTube videos a few times and take it step by step. The first few times I took one apart it was a chore now it's easy. The TK hammer does require some very minor fitting in the limited experience I have. Worst case he could send it to TK have them smooth it out in the process. There are others but they seem to have the fastest turn around time. 

Lol, that’s what I said. I even offered to give him my old Jerry Miculeck dvd on S&W trigger jobs. He doesn’t have the time, so he wants to send it somewhere and let them do it.