Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip weight, add weight?

Twilk73

Anyway to add weight to a pistol grip when there is no back strap or slot to add to. I’m thinking maybe some sort of tape but whatever it is it has to be solid. So glue and tape lol. 

I haven’t done this yet but I’m going to try JB Weld mixed with tungsten granules and/or tungsten powder.  Bought granules on eBay and powder is available on Amazon (it’s used to balance golf clubs). Who knew!  

I’ve used JB weld on lots of 2011 grips with great results.  I think this will work to add extra weight.  

6 hours ago, kuletchi1 said:

Which pistol are you referring to 

Arsenal strike one. I have a steel guide rod and I run an x300 for idpa on it. So I was hoping to balance out the back end. 

12 hours ago, season94 said:

On my GSP, I drill out the rear of the grip palm rest, fill it with lead then put standard plug in it. It's completely legal.

Great idea, I have access to lead weights and they’re soft enough to form. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to do it yet though lol. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:42 PM, jwhittin said:

I haven’t done this yet but I’m going to try JB Weld mixed with tungsten granules and/or tungsten powder.  Bought granules on eBay and powder is available on Amazon (it’s used to balance golf clubs). Who knew!  

I’ve used JB weld on lots of 2011 grips with great results.  I think this will work to add extra weight.  

Did you do this?  How did it work?