Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ginex SPP Going Off in my 1050

pbairborne

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

I have found out that if I wet tumble my brass with steel pins. the primer pockets are clean as brand new. Just a thought.

I agree the primer pockets are a clean as brand new...IF you decap before tumbling.  Lube still helps because that same level of clean that causes the cases to grab the powder expander die and make them 'POP' coming off the expander can cause the same thing with primers and if the primer pocket hole is a little tight to start with...'POP'!

Nolan

22 minutes ago, Nolan said:

I agree the primer pockets are a clean as brand new...IF you decap before tumbling.  Lube still helps because that same level of clean that causes the cases to grab the powder expander die and make them 'POP' coming off the expander can cause the same thing with primers and if the primer pocket hole is a little tight to start with...'POP'!

Nolan

I resize and decap before tumbling. All my pistol brass is worked with Carbide dies On a Dillon square B.

Edited by usmc1974

Tried the Ginex SPP today. Using S&B OFB that I ran through the the sizer and swager on my RL1050 then hand primed. No lube.

Just the right amount of tension IMHO, certainly not hard to seat and no high primers.

Next, I'll try some older brass with loosening primer pockets and see how they do with those.

• 1 month later...