Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Minor Load for Czechmate

Chapo

Found nothing specific on this gun plus AA7 for minor.  But I am currently shooting 10.3gr of AA7, over 115gr CMJ, loaded to 1.165" with a 10lb spring, yielding 169 PF.  I'm now looking for some feedback on a minor load (125-164PF) with a czechmate and same bullet and powder.  Also looking for advice of recoil spring weight.  Thoughts??

I don't usually run my Czechmate with minor ammo.  When I have, I step down to a 8lb recoil spring and it runs OK.  I have a TSO that I use for lighter loads. 

I believe No.7 is a pretty slow powder, I would switch to something faster - I like VV N320 personally.

Are you going to switch to the non-comped barrel?  The comped barrel may not have enough gas to make it worthwhile.  

Good luck. 

Philma, thanks for the advice. I have some WAC and HS6 I can try. My gun did not come with a second barrel, but did come with an adapter to put on when I remove the comp. I was hoping to keep the comp, though. 

My circa 2019 Czechmate will run minor 9mm ammo with the 13lb spring the pistol came with.

I see no reason you couldn't go Minor with the bullet powder combo your using for major.

If the minor charge of AA#7 doesn't work the comp might as well go with a faster powder.

13 hours ago, shred said:

What's the reason for Minor?  Some people will just drop a light bullet like a 90gr over the same powder charge, if they still want the comp and blast.

Trying a minor load for steel matches where having a Major PF is not needed.

12 hours ago, PhotoRecon said:

My circa 2019 Czechmate will run minor 9mm ammo with the 13lb spring the pistol came with.

I see no reason you couldn't go Minor with the bullet powder combo your using for major.

If the minor charge of AA#7 doesn't work the comp might as well go with a faster powder.

Yeah, if AA7 doesn't work, may have to go to HS6 or WAC.

If 10.3 of AA7 gets you a pf of 169.  Than anything lower will drop your pf.  Use some common sense.

Just drop the aa7 load down 8.5 grain and make a ladder up to 10 grain.

Hornady list AA7 with 7.8 gr using their 115 hp-xtp and fmj-rn at a coal of 1.075" and 1.110" respectively.  Velocity per Hornady is 1100 fps.

6.9 gr of AA7 using BMB 125 gr coated RN with coal of 1.150" gets me an avg pf of 129.6 from a glock 17