Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

09-09 GM run.

Bakerjd

This is my very first GM run on any classifier. I was even shooting minor LO and they are using Open scores for the classification scores. 1 Charlie, 1 delta. Pretty dang proud of myself for this one. In CO and SS I'm a middle of the pack B class shooter. 

Screenshot_20230517_171554_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 5/18/2023 at 9:26 AM, jubi351 said:

Awesome that they accepted it. Usually they won't because of how much higher it is than your current classification. Great job!

It doesn't say anything about that in the current rules. Believe me I checked lol. But in this specific instance I was not classified at all in LO. I did mention to the RM that he may have to send USPSA a email or what ever saying that yes it was a legit run and score. 

As for when I shot it I actually thought it was only a very high M class run. Wasn't until they did the calculations that I found out it was a GM run. 

11 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

It doesn't say anything about that in the current rules. Believe me I checked lol. But in this specific instance I was not classified at all in LO. I did mention to the RM that he may have to send USPSA a email or what ever saying that yes it

A

This classifier was not used, since the score is more than 20% above class and determined by the data enterer to be invalid. If you believe this score should be counted, please fill this form out.

However, because you are not classified in LO is why it accepted it to get your initial 6. Regardless, still awesome job.

Edited by jubi351
missed word

17 hours ago, jubi351 said:

A

This classifier was not used, since the score is more than 20% above class and determined by the data enterer to be invalid. If you believe this score should be counted, please fill this form out.

However, because you are not classified in LO is why it accepted it to get your initial 6. Regardless, still awesome job.

After checking again I see the issue.  I was going off the list of flag codes at the bottom of the page you can see all your classification records. It doesn't show the flag code "A". If you go on the rule book amd click the link it does show the flag code "A".

On 5/19/2023 at 7:33 PM, RangerTrace said:

What is your current highest classification?  Just curious.

This is my current highest classification.  Previous to that would be my B class in SS. It is at 64.9826% (high pct). Then CO B class at 63.8841% (high pct) but that one is using 4 major match scores and 2 classifier scores. It is the better representation of my ability I think. 

I initially classified in CO as a B class off 4 classifier stages at the beginning of 2022 and as soon as they used 6 of 8 dropped down slightly but enough for my percentage to be below B class. Spent a month or two moving my percentage back to being actually in B class. I have a feeling ill be doing the same for LO.