Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Alpha-X race Holster

ramtough47

I am having MPA ( MasterPiece Arms) build me their DS9 Limited Optic Comp pistol and i am thinking about getting the DAA Alpha-X holster. My concern is that when looking at ordering there is a drop down box for you to use to select the make/manufacture of the pistol you are wanting to use with that holster. They do not list MPA. My MPA pistol is a 2011 pistol. Does anyone know of someone who has already done this and what doing they do to ensure holster compatibility with the MPA DS9?

2 hours ago, ramtough47 said:

I am having MPA ( MasterPiece Arms) build me their DS9 Limited Optic Comp pistol and i am thinking about getting the DAA Alpha-X holster. My concern is that when looking at ordering there is a drop down box for you to use to select the make/manufacture of the pistol you are wanting to use with that holster. They do not list MPA. My MPA pistol is a 2011 pistol. Does anyone know of someone who has already done this and what doing they do to ensure holster compatibility with the MPA DS9?

Why not get the new DAA Flex holster, so you can adjust it to fit your DS9. They even have a diagram on the order page that you can print out to lay your pistol over to work out which insert block to order.

https://www.doublealpha.biz/flex-holster

They suggest the A-type insert block for all 1911/2011 style pistols

Edited by Blackstone45

6 hours ago, ramtough47 said:

Got a new MPA LOC that will be at my FFL tomorrow!!!

My first choice of holsters was the Everglades MRH:

https://www.evergladesammo.com/accessories/holsters/everglades-magnetic-race-holster.html

It was OoS when I was ready to buy; so I ended up getting my second choice:  the DAA Flex Holster that @Blackstone45referenced above.

At this point, I think the Flex Holster will be fine since the adjustability is excellent; and the holster has plenty of positive reviews from those that are using them.  And yes the LOC will use the "A" insert block.

If considering a DAA open holster, then I would definitely recommend going with the Flex!

👍

I have both the Alpha-X and the Flex.  I would highly recommend the flex holster over the Alpha-X.  It offers the fit to be customized to your exact pistol and can be modified to to fit a different pistol down the road if you ever decide to change.  They offer 2 different insert blocks depending on the pistol so you would need to determine which one matches yours but you could also do like I did and just pickup both so that it will cover almost any pistol you could ever want to use.

On 5/15/2023 at 3:11 PM, ramtough47 said:

Just finished setting up my FLEX for the new MPS LOC, and the fit/retention feels fine.  Pretty straightforward setup.

Definitely an option for your LOC!

👍