Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CNC 1050 / 1100 Toolheads w threaded priming station

I know there were a few of you, like me, trying to source some. But for whatever reason the manufacturers stopped making them. On Point Manufacturing (Fast Brass) has made a batch, has some available, and more on the way. New design works for 1100 and 1050. As I understand it , it's a "we make them when we can..." sort of thing, so grab them now if you need them.  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063481661100

No photo description available.

5 hours ago, ddc said:

if anybody has any feedback on that...

I have the one, CZC toolhead, sold through Immortobot and frankly performance wise it did not improve the quality of the reloading process. I use a hold down die machined for the non-threaded opening on a stock Dillon tool head. 

Use the CNC toolhead for brass processing. 

On 4/13/2023 at 6:52 PM, HesedTech said:

I have the one, CNC Shooter toolhead, sold through Immortobot and frankly performance wise it did not improve the quality of the reloading process. I use a hold down die machined for the non-threaded opening on a stock Dillon tool head. 

Use the CNC toolhead for brass processing. 

I'm on the fence on this too.  I don't see a real benefit of having the extra threaded station or even a  10 station head if you're doing to do a 2 step loading process.  

step 1.  size/prime

step 2.  expand, powder drop, seat, and crimp

A hold down for priming station is really all I need.

• 4 months later...

IMO, the CNC toolhead with threaded priming station is the best upgrade to my 1100. I am using a Lee FCD (w/o crimping parts), it really is two birds with one stone: it serves as a hold-down die for consistent priming depth, and also greatly reduces the chance of case gauge failure rate