Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun

Could someone verify that there will not be the bolt action side match this year? The web site does not not much on it.

There is NOT a bolt gun side match!

As Steve said back in February, not enough people shot it last year to warrant having it this year!

See ya' soon! Some of us are heading down tomorrow to start setting up! Looks fun from the descriptions we've gotten!

jj

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought I'd let you know how it's going since it's hard to get communications out of Raton.

By Sunday evening, we had half the stages set up, and I know they're still working on them today. They look really fun!

The Ro's and match staff are arriving! Saturday, it poured most of the day, but Sunday was really nice. I saw a snake while I was there, but it wasn't a rattler or a bullsnake. Luckily, I scared it away before JJ saw it! :lol:

Things should be all ready for all of you in the Coors Event Center at noon on Wednesday!

The farthest stage back is near where Hung's stage was last year near the mule barn. So you'll have to travel a little less this year.

So far, (in my opinion, and mine only) the hikes to the stages are less than last year, at least at the ones I saw. It doesn't look like you need a Sherpa as much as we did last year!

The weather reports change regularly, so it'll either be sunny or rainy; 70's or 80's; and there'll be some snakes or there won't! For those of you like JJ, the RO's will have some snake shot if any of the little hummers are still out there.

It looks like a lot of fun! Remember, Coors Event center for registration and to get your shooter's packets. The guys are really excited!

I think you all will have a great time!

Denise Johnson (JJ's wife - he's working down in Raton with Blane and the rest of the guys getting things set up!)

Hey Denise !

Thanks for the updates. We are excited and ready to roll out on Wednesday. We look forward to this match every year.

Messed up my knee some at the NMstate Championship, so I will not be running full bore this year. It's not like I was planning on winning anyway ! But I am sure we will have a great time as always.

See ya there !

Damon

Did I miss a match schedule? All I know is to be at the Coors event center by 7am on Thursday morning. I hope to be down by about 6pm on Wednesday. I'm all packed and ready to go after a short workday tomorrow. See you all there.