Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chemo port placement

Squirrel45

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2024 at 5:43 PM, 392heminut said:

I'm very sorry to hear this Squirrel, you'll certainly be in my prayers.

Thanks buddy, I'm actually just getting more pissed at this point. At first I had apathy for myself (a year and half ago), yes bad. Now I'm pissed after everything I went through its back 😡 what was the point of radiation and chemotherapy? My feet hurt like hell and I have it back,  but certainly I'm not giving up, not by long shot, F cancer! 

Thanks for the prayers, faith, family and friends are huge

Edited by Squirrel45

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squirrel 

You're going through every cancer patient's worst nightmare.  The bastard is back.

I have my next quarterly follow-up at Mayo on Monday.  I have always felt good when they tell me I'm clean and it looks great.  Then, 8-10 weeks later I start getting scared again ... I have another follow-up coming.  The mental anguish can be overwhelming.

Be strong.  You've got a family that loves you and is 100% in your corner.  You've got to resolve yourself that you've beat this once and you CAN beat it again.

Wish me luck on Monday.  I'm wishing you luck now.

Mike

Posted (edited)

Well in a matter of months I went from having cancer to not then testing positive again. I went to the oncologist Tuesday and surgeon yesterday. Without getting in the weeds I'm basically out of luck  to ever living a normal life. Since my cancer is so low I will end up loosing everything.  The last several inches of the colon and rectum will need to be removed. I will need a permanent bag.  I have a number of appointments in the next few weeks to learn more. In addition I'll need to see a plastic surgeon in reguad to the reconstruction my rear.  This is a worst case scenario and I'm trying to cope with the idea of never being normal. I do feel confident with my surgeon but honestly Im scared, and frightened to what my life will become. 

Edited by Squirrel45
Kant spels