Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillion RL1100 indexing issue with a Mark 7 Autodrive

I am having major issues with the indexing on the RL1100 with Auto Drive.  It is sporadic as Hades.  No matter adjusting the indexing on the eccentric drive or the locking rings.  It will work for a while then it will go off the proper rotation i just can't figure it out!

I have an Ammobot so probably not much help.

How does the Mark 7 determine that it is time to reverse direction?

On the Ammobot there is a proximity sensor mounted near the eccentric drive stop.

The drive stop is backed off far enough such that it does not influence the operation.

Edited to add: Also I'd check out one of the FB groups such as https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mark7Reloaders

Also: When was the last time the top end was torn down cleaned/lubed/etc.  ???

More than once I've had an indexing problem and after a deep cleaning it goes away.

Edited by ddc

2 hours ago, ddc said:

How does the Mark 7 determine that it is time to reverse direction?

Through a calibration process.  It is sensing torque of the drive in both directions it seems like.  It is supposed to be done with a clear shell plate.

Are you getting good decaps? Im not on the 1100 too long but the only thing I came across that stopped indexing was partial decap. Ive read about others having issues but dont quite recall what they were caused by

18 hours ago, Tom Freeman said:

You might have a bent shoulder bolt in the back of the machine.

It is the one that has the roller on it for the indexing pawl.  It tales a 3/16 allen wrench.

I should have thought of that!

Both the index lever shoulder bolt and the index roller shoulder bolt should be checked.

A bent bolt can be hard to detect. It doesn't take much to screw things up.