Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To Spit Or Not To Spit

S.C. Shooter

OK, OK, Sorry, Here it goes

I have been shooting USPSA for about 7 months. Started reading BE's book a few weeks ago and had to share what happened to me at the last match I shot.

While waiting on deck with the nervous twitches and just trying to relax for my stage run, I saw an empty .45 case laying on the ground..... I looked over at the case and spat (Yes, I think it is a Southern thing).....but.....WHOA.....Wait a minute.....WOW an "A" zone hit on the case..... What H$%L just happened?????. I have to try this again..... Just look at the case and.....well you get the idea another "A" zone hit (FWIW I think my split was about 5 seconds). You can guess what happend after that.....LAMR, completed the stage with the RO shaking his head and calling 2 alpha, 2 alpha and had my best match to date.

Point is.....The turning point can happen at any time if your mind is open to it.

Another good reason not to pick-up "range brass"? :o

Just kidding, SC! I hurl stuff (yogurt cups, banana peels, ect) at the trash can in the lunch room from amazing ranges. The trick is "knowing" that your going to get a hit, not thinking about how you are going to do it. It's the same at the beginning of a stage. Clear your mind of all except the intention. That is one of the greatest lessons that I've learned from Brian, his book, and this website.

One thing I told a guy I used to train with a lot, that he said really stuck with him, was - find the middle of the target, shoot the middle of the target. This was after a hard afternoon of training, then sitting around for an hour or more discussing every technical aspect of everything we could think of.

ber