Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2023 Kansas Free State

Saturday June 17th at Mill Creek Rifle Club hosted by Mill Creek Practical Shooters League at DeSoto, Kansas for the Kansas Free State Level II USPSA Match, this is the place to be for all Revolver enthusiasts!

Last year Revolver Division almost passed into 3rd place for numbers at the Kansas Free State Level II USPSA match.  I'm campaigning to be 2nd to Carry Optics in 2023!  Not a huge endeavor as one might think, Limited was 2nd last year with 25 and Revolver had 16, Open & Production had around 19 each.  All of the other Divisions combined didn't reach double digits.

Match is listed in Practice Score but Registration is not open yet.  I'll update when it is.  https://practiscore.com/free-state-kansas-championship-2023/register

Check out the article in Front Sight on last years match.  Actually I had an article on both the 2021 and 2022 matches in Front Sight over the last 2 years.

Edited by pskys2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carmoney said:

Payment and squadding are not yet open to everyone!  It appears they have some sort of selection or priority process in place for approving shooters.  

Sorry, I was able to pay and I see several others who've paid with stripe and aren't working, not sure why?

Keep checking back though.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, roundabout said:

Where is the closest nice and safe hotel to stay in for this match? Thinking about trying to make this match if spots are still available. Not many opportunities for me shoot a USPSA match with this many revolver shooters. 

Olathe seems to have quite a few.

11 hours ago, roundabout said:

Where is the closest nice and safe hotel to stay in for this match? Thinking about trying to make this match if spots are still available. Not many opportunities for me shoot a USPSA match with this many revolver shooters. 

Last year we had 16, as kellyB said 13 right now, most on one squad.

We have the legendary cliff Walsh, marvelous mike Carmoney and the classy Kelly brown.  

Revolver is the 4th highest division, if you aren't shooting optics or limited your shooting revolver!  Even pcc is in the backwaters.

Hope you can make it.

Edited by pskys2

I do apreciate all you 929 Beta testers though.. I like mine, other than changing sights, all is good. Shoots straight, wacks the primers, barrel is even clocked correctly

• 3 weeks later...

Just heard only 15 spots left and we have 15 revolvers, sitting at 4th highest.

Any other revolvers willing to take the challenge?  Have gem's cliff walsh and joe sutton and the indomitable marvelous mike Carmoney.  So lots of action.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to thank all of you for coming out to the 2023 USPSA Free State Championships.  I had multiple Board Members, Range Officers and other competitors comment on how they enjoyed watching or running the Revolver Squad.  They had nothing but good things to say about all of you.  And were impressed by the skills you exhibited and the obvious fun you had.

Revolver Division was the 4th highest Division with 14 competitors shooting, beating out Production and Limited Optics (13 each), PCC (10) and Single Stack (3).

Congratulations to Mike Carmoney on his impressive win, the forthcoming article will of course have the "real story"!  Kudo's to Cliff Walsh on 2nd Place overall with his 6 shot Major PF 625, quite impressive even for a legend,   Young Sam Carmoney took 3rd overall and A Class win, I took the State Title at 4th (edging out the 2 Sutton's Joe and Seth), Seth Sutton won C Class, with Bret Budd and Kelly Brown at 2nd and 3rd C, Bob Border won D Class at 9th overall.

I know I enjoyed competing with all of you and feel confident we are brethren.

My goal for next year is to have 2 squads of Revolvers, we aren't far from it.

As a side note give some thought to having a Revolver Only Match here in Kansas a USPSA (maybe a /ICORE?)  match in the future?  If anyone would be interested let me know as I will be giving my craziest ideas a place to run.

Hope all of you have a good season this year, stay safe and be healthy.

Dave Williams
L593

PS find my Facebook site (David Williams)  I"ll be posting some pictures and videos in the near future

4 hours ago, Joe4d said:

If I am home I would be in,  have a 929 now, assuming the match wasnt a physical sprint and climb walls contest.

Nope the MD would be a slow old guy.