Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rival S holster fitment

TheChef1

On 6/17/2023 at 1:00 PM, TheChef1 said:

Canik does it again… got a new rival S Darkside and it doesn’t draw well from the holster I already modified for the chrome. So the chrome was bigger than my polymers and the Darkside is bigger than the chrome. https://imgur.com/a/adBvKJ6

So, this happened to me, too. I bought the Black Scorpion Gear Pro Heavy Duty Competition for the Rival-S and my Darkside does not fit well in it. The support representative I spoke to, and exchanged emails with, told me that it is the correct holster and that it was strange mine didn't fit. He sent me a picture of his Rival-S in the same holster that fits just fine. Lo and behold, his Rival-S was chrome... mine is a Darkside. :(

What you see in that imgur GIF is exactly what happens with mine. There's too much friction holstering and it just sticks on the draw. The front of the slide, where the slide cuts and serrations are, shaves off so much of the holster. I sent the holster back to Amazon, where I bought it from, for a full refund. The support rep on the phone then advised me to buy directly from them and he gave me a 10% discount code to use to make up for the faster shipping so I can get a replacement holster sooner. (The code is "sal10", if anyone wants to use it.) Great service, and I don't blame them for not knowing there was a difference between one Rival-S color to another. I didn't know this either until I found this post.

If the replacement holster still has the same issues, I will modify it instead of rolling the dice with another replacement. I only opted for a replacement because I have time until the next match.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/7/2023 at 9:55 AM, Seanzky said:

So, this happened to me, too. I bought the Black Scorpion Gear Pro Heavy Duty Competition for the Rival-S and my Darkside does not fit well in it. The support representative I spoke to, and exchanged emails with, told me that it is the correct holster and that it was strange mine didn't fit. He sent me a picture of his Rival-S in the same holster that fits just fine. Lo and behold, his Rival-S was chrome... mine is a Darkside. :(

What you see in that imgur GIF is exactly what happens with mine. There's too much friction holstering and it just sticks on the draw. The front of the slide, where the slide cuts and serrations are, shaves off so much of the holster. I sent the holster back to Amazon, where I bought it from, for a full refund. The support rep on the phone then advised me to buy directly from them and he gave me a 10% discount code to use to make up for the faster shipping so I can get a replacement holster sooner. (The code is "sal10", if anyone wants to use it.) Great service, and I don't blame them for not knowing there was a difference between one Rival-S color to another. I didn't know this either until I found this post.

If the replacement holster still has the same issues, I will modify it instead of rolling the dice with another replacement. I only opted for a replacement because I have time until the next match.

Yeah its super strange they have different dimension. I ended up selling the black gun after buying my friends chrome so I could have two chromes. The black one shot awesome still but It was weird to fit differently. 

I just received my replacement BSG holster and it no longer causes a sticky draw. I noticed that they enlarged the flare/opening. You can even see a slight gap (light coming through) on the top of the slide in onr of the images. Great customer service.

IMG_20231110_170727.jpg

IMG_20231110_170732.jpg

IMG_20231110_172116.jpg

IMG_20231110_172135.jpg