Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rival S holster fitment

TheChef1

I got my Rival S home late last night and tried it in my Smokey mountain concealment holster. Unfortunately that sucker is way to tight to use as is. 

after busting out the calipers and measuring it seems the only area with a significant difference is the height from the pic rail to the top of the slide is a little over a MM larger. This seems to be enough to get it to hang up. 

I’m going to contact Smokey mountain and see if he has any suggestions but I’m thinking I’ll need to file the kydex down on the inside a bit. 

anyone else tried it in their holster yet?

pics of the measurements https://imgur.com/a/xgqoaFN

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Black Scorpion holster for my SFX that worked on my poly Rival.  It's thin Kydex and the heat gun/hot water trick may work on it.  My double Kydex RHT holster may present a bit more of a challenge.

Edited by WxGuy

1 hour ago, jsoupene said:

Has anybody had any luck fitting their Rival-S in a holster? If so, what holster? 

I ended up shaving mine down a little on the inside. it was barely off and not worth heating it and possible f*#king the mold up.

1 hour ago, WxGuy said:

Can you take a pic of the spots you focused on?  Was it a Smoky Mountain holster or other brand?

I don't have a holster yet but am needing to buy one. I wanted to see if there were any that fit without modification 

Besides the one it comes with, none yet.  I have a shop in town that makes them and I'll reach out and see what they can do.  I have a few holsters from other guns to show them what I want using a Boss hanger/Tek Lok system.  I'll definitely buy a Smoky Mountain when available. 

Edited by WxGuy

6 hours ago, WxGuy said:

Can you take a pic of the spots you focused on?  Was it a Smoky Mountain holster or other brand?

Check out the link here. https://imgur.com/a/cFKYmV3

the yellow is where I modified. I actually mostly used a hand file for wood. The dremel was really tough to get in and control even with the pencil attachment. It didn’t take too much but it’s pretty good now. I also used the gun itself by pressing up and down while drawing and the gun shaved some material off lol. 

1 hour ago, deerslayer said:

Will a Rival S not fit in a Rival holster? 

I tried it with the holster my grey plastic rival came in. It seemed perfectly fine in that one. Maybe my Smokey mountain has a closer fit. 

Chef,

I have to say THANK YOU for posting the pics where you modified your SMC holster.  I received my DS Steel this afternoon and modified my SMC holster in the areas you identified as necessary.  It fits like a glove!

Canik Rival Steel dark Side 1.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster 2.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster 3.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster 4.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster.GIF

Edited by WxGuy

On 2/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, jsoupene said:

Has anybody had any luck fitting their Rival-S in a holster? If so, what holster? 

I've probably shot 30 matches with my Canik's,  TP9SFX, Rival and Rival S.  I never bought a holster.  I use my Glock 34 Holster. I just got fuel line and spread the holster a tad and put longer Rubber in and it works perfect. 

22 hours ago, WxGuy said:

Chef,

I have to say THANK YOU for posting the pics where you modified your SMC holster.  I received my DS Steel this afternoon and modified my SMC holster in the areas you identified as necessary.  It fits like a glove!

Canik Rival Steel dark Side 1.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster 2.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster 3.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster 4.GIF

Rival Steel in SMC Holster.GIF

Looks good. Glad you were able to get it figured out quickly. I need to do a little more work on mine it still gets snagged up a bit if I don’t draw perfectly.

7 minutes ago, bigtimelarry said:

I've probably shot 30 matches with my Canik's,  TP9SFX, Rival and Rival S.  I never bought a holster.  I use my Glock 34 Holster. I just got fuel line and spread the holster a tad and put longer Rubber in and it works perfect. 

I was using an M&P pro holster for awhile. It worked perfect but I switched to the henning hanger and it sat too high. 

On 2/16/2023 at 4:26 PM, lacoste557 said:

Chef

What kind of file did you use and how far down in the holster did you have to file material. I ordered a RHT holster for rival assuming it would work for my rival S. 

If they didn’t make it already I’d contact them and see if they have a mold for the S yet. 

I used mostly a wood file from a set I got on Amazon. I used the dremel a little also but it didn’t work as well and kept sliding around

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had a GX vice on order since November. After multiple emails and instagram messages he finally responded and said he’s going to update it to a rival S. Hopefully when it finally arrives I won’t have to do anything for fitment.

On 3/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, TheChef1 said:

I’ve had a GX vice on order since November. After multiple emails and instagram messages he finally responded and said he’s going to update it to a rival S. Hopefully when it finally arrives I won’t have to do anything for fitment.

Let us know how it turns out, please. 

I was hoping to get the Ghost Hydra P (I want a locking-type holster for reasons) but they said it wouldn't fit a Rival-S.

Thanks. 

11 hours ago, Illmatica said:

Let us know how it turns out, please. 

I was hoping to get the Ghost Hydra P (I want a locking-type holster for reasons) but they said it wouldn't fit a Rival-S.

Thanks. 

I’ll let you know when I get it. I definitely stopped holding my breath though. I’ve heard people saying that he was taking up to 6 months. And that was before he changed shops.