Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX Magazine Spring and Follower Shadow 2

tanfoglio1911

On 2/1/2023 at 12:41 PM, robertwyatt said:

Honestly, I don't see a reason to. The Rune Tactical follower was first to the market and is $2 cheaper. It seems like MBX just copied the idea and charged more for the same thing. 

I have Rune Tactical followers in two magazines that have TF 140 mm extensions.  23 is all I can get in them no matter what.

Do I need the Henning baseplates to add one more?

On 2/1/2023 at 12:41 PM, robertwyatt said:

Honestly, I don't see a reason to. The Rune Tactical follower was first to the market and is $2 cheaper. It seems like MBX just copied the idea and charged more for the same thing. 

Is Rune actually confirming how many rounds you can get in a specific tube/basepad now?

The first time I heard of them, they provided zero information about what could actually be achieved with their product. They announced before they were ready IMO. 

They’ve been run long before they were announced. Don’t think he wanted to post a hard number on what they could do because of basepad differences. 

With a henning extension, rune follower and his 11 coil spring, 24+1 is easy, heck you can even reload to a 24 round mag if the need arises. 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:51 PM, jpeters11 said:

They’ve been run long before they were announced. Don’t think he wanted to post a hard number on what they could do because of basepad differences. 

With a henning extension, rune follower and his 11 coil spring, 24+1 is easy, heck you can even reload to a 24 round mag if the need arises. 

This. I've been running them all year and can reload a 24 round magazine same as one that has been downloaded. 

On 2/2/2023 at 5:02 PM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I have Rune Tactical followers in two magazines that have TF 140 mm extensions.  23 is all I can get in them no matter what.

Do I need the Henning baseplates to add one more?

Henning is what I have been using. I'm not sure of TF's basepad. Of all the basepads I own, TF isn't one of them surprisingly.

4 hours ago, robertwyatt said:

Henning is what I have been using. I'm not sure of TF's basepad. Of all the basepads I own, TF isn't one of them surprisingly.

Funny you bring this up.  While loading up for last Monday's league I could stuff 24 reloadable into the mags I have setup with TF basepads and Rune followers/springs.  They ran fine.

Seems that they needed to take a little bit more of a set.

2 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

Funny you bring this up.  While loading up for last Monday's league I could stuff 24 reloadable into the mags I have setup with TF basepads and Rune followers/springs.  They ran fine.

Seems that they needed to take a little bit more of a set.

Yeah I get you. I have built up a process to break in all my mag springs for that reason. But it's still funny how they just work their way in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, tanfoglio1911 said:

I just want to know if anyone have tried the new MBX magazine spring and follower for the original CZ magazine that comes with the shadow 2. According to MBX website you can load up to 24 rounds with the Henning extended base pad.

I decided to try some and yes, I can get 24 rounds in with a Henning base pad. The mags are sitting loaded, to break the springs in, but I got 24 right away. Still a little tight when seating the mag but it's only been 2 days.