Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets 300 blackout

Bluemooncricket

I’ve been loading blue bullets in 9mm and 40 for years but have recently decided to give rifle caliber reloading a try. I always thought it would make sense for B.B. to make a subsonic blackout projectile because of their success with pistol bullets and the rise in 300 blackout’s popularity. Well it came to my attention recently that they are now doing a 220gr 30 caliber bullet. This has convinced me that now is the time to jump into reloading for the blackout. Given that I have zero experience loading rifle calibers I have decided to check with the fine folks of the Enos forums for a little guidance. Is anyone here loading with this bullet? My goal is to make a plinking round for a suppressed Sig Rattler and Q Sugar Weasel. Any load data, tips or tricks with this endeavor would be greatly appreciated!! So far I have procured a set of Hornady dies, Winchester #41 primers, Everglades converted brass and some H110 powder. I’m loading on a Dillon 550.

Thanks in advance!!!

3 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

I’ve used pc. Coated through mine with no issues. Don’t crimp too much and the coating stays intact p

I do the same for my PCC… and the comp gets quite a bit of buildup. Can’t imagine it would be different in a can. You just can’t see it since most rifle cans aren’t serviceable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure you buy a neck expander die to not scuff up the bullet as it gets seated.  Some lead projectiles are a little to big for the case neck and you will end up with shaved lead, or a ruined case neck.   I find that A1680 works best for heavy lead subs