Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideal size of bays

Chappytactical

15 yds wide x 35 yds long with 10' soft berms(dirt) ideally. But for indoor It would be great if they could give you 5'-6' that way you could bring someone in for instruction. At least a few of them. But 4' would be OK. If you have any say a second shelf under the one in front of you would be nice.

6 minutes ago, m700 said:

15 yds wide x 35 yds long with 10' soft berms(dirt) ideally. But for indoor It would be great if they could give you 5'-6' that way you could bring someone in for instruction. At least a few of them. But 4' would be OK. If you have any say a second shelf under the one in front of you would be nice.

Thank you!  I'll bring up the second shelf under the first one to our engineer. We recently acquired another 40 acres and have plenty of dirt to make the berms how we want.

I dont do any indoor shooting anymore. So I spend most of my time in what we call the pits. Half of our pits are dirt the other half are giant concrete blocks stacked into walls. Everyone seems to fight for the dirt ones. You eliminate the echo and reduce noise substantially.

I worked on 2 indoor ranges from the HVAC side.  And laws changed midway through bidding on both of them because the state laws changed requiring more laminar airflow/ air changes to reduce lead inhalation.

1 minute ago, m700 said:

I dont do any indoor shooting anymore. So I spend most of my time in what we call the pits. Half of our pits are dirt the other half are giant concrete blocks stacked into walls. Everyone seems to fight for the dirt ones. You eliminate the echo and reduce noise substantially.

I worked on 2 indoor ranges from the HVAC side.  And laws changed midway through bidding on both of them because the state laws changed requiring more laminar airflow/ air changes to reduce lead inhalation.

For your pits that have concrete blocks, does it limit shooting to the side? We currently have that problem on our current bays. 

3 hours ago, Chappytactical said:

For your pits that have concrete blocks, does it limit shooting to the side? We currently have that problem on our current bays. 

The ranges I know that do this limit s#!ts into the side berms. Dirt is the answer 

16 hours ago, Chappytactical said:

Yes we are not supposed to direct any fire towards side.and the back berm has dirt piled in front.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...