Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd Vs. Hs2000

chp5

Thanks MM.

This is a quote off the Impactguns web site: "Since 2001, an improved version of the HS2000 pistol is exclusively imported into USA as the Springfield XD (eXtreme Duty) pistol."

I didn't know if the XD had any improvements over the HS2000.

Cy, There has been an update to the extractor. When I started having extraction issues with mine (an HS-2000) I did some research on the XD/HS forums and found out this problem is pretty well known. SA will do full factory service on the 2000's like they do the XD's.

I called and got an RMA# recently but still need to send it in.

**Parts used to be available from various sources, but SA has recently instituted a no parts sale policy on these, presumably due to shortages.

The one I have had been run throught the SA Custom Shop by the previous owner and had BoMars melted in, a fiber optic front added, and got the "Leatham" trigger package. Schweeeeeeeet! I call it my "Cheater gun". :D

...Mark

• 1 month later...

I got 2 9mm HS2000's as part of a large batch of guns I bought, since I like my carry XD I decided to play with/shoot the HS2000 a bit.

The first one broke an ejector after a magazine of SXT's and the second one was sold and the extractor choked after 100 rounds of WWB.

Yet my XD .40 runs 100%, just my .02

Jay

Well I bought the HS2000. It was a third Gen model, so hopefully I got the new extractor.

I shot about 300 rounds through it and it ran perfectly. I just need to send it off to Rich for a trigger job!

• 3 weeks later...