Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice on building a PCC $1000-1250 budget with Glock mags?

3 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

For the same reason he started with home builds, then that Limecat Tron thing, back to home builds with the Brekke upper.. then to JP5. 

Sponsorship dollars. The reason is sponsorship dollars. 

You can take a $700 Foxtrot mike factory gun and drop in a hiperfire and a hydraulic buffer and you’ve got a very competitive PCC. Heck… it’s pretty much what the new Taran TR9 is… for $2000 less. 

Amen brother!!!!!!!!!!

Nuff said.

3 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

For the same reason he started with home builds, then that Limecat Tron thing, back to home builds with the Brekke upper.. then to JP5. 

Sponsorship dollars. The reason is sponsorship dollars. 

You can take a $700 Foxtrot mike factory gun and drop in a hiperfire and a hydraulic buffer and you’ve got a very competitive PCC. Heck… it’s pretty much what the new Taran TR9 is… for $2000 less. 

Exactly

7 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Max shoots a $7,000 TTI Sand Viper for a pistol in many shooting disciplines.  Does this mean he is gun sponsored by TTI?  TTI sells their new PCC, why is Max not shooting that PCC?  

What I do think is TTI and JP are giving guns/sponsoring a guy they know will finish at the top, which is for marketing purposes obviously.

Are we sure the sponsorship in shooting that particular gun is a part of that deal?  It would not seem so.  From my understanding Max does not like Gun Sponsorships so he can shoot what he wants.  While it does seem he gets benefits from both of those companies it would seem he can shoot whatever he wants.  Currently it seems he wants to shoot the JP over the TTI TR-9 and TTI does not have an issue with this.  This would seem to indicate his sponsorships do not have terms in what guns he uses for whatever.

Who’s gonna show him a picture of Max’s jersey. 😂 

For what it’s worth… the TR9 wasn’t a thing when he’d made the JP5 swap before nationals last year. 

Edited by Dirty_J
29 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

For what it’s worth… the TR9 wasn’t a thing when he’d made the JP5 swap before nationals last year. 

I understand all of that.  Max has TTI and JP on his jersey if my memory serves me correct.  I am not saying he does not get paid from those companies either.  All I am saying is I do not think he is required to shoot any one gun.  We have no idea what his contracts look like.  For someone like Max I am sure he gets a lot of say on what goes into those contracts.   Like you said above he is going to beat just about anyone with a reliable PCC regardless of the cost or who makes it.    

I like my Aero EPC-9 upper and lower.  I had to bend the LRBHO wire a little to get it to work with PMAGs.  Or you can remove it if you don't want LRBHO. 

I went with Taccom ULW 16" barrel and really like it.  Lightweight out front.  Super accurate.  Def recommend.  

Also went with Taccom 3 Stage Air Cushion Buffer system and Extreme Short Stroke Bolt .  Jury is still out on them for me.  Its very reliable, but I'm not sure like the recoil impulse.  It's my first 9mm PCC so I don't have anything else to compare it to other than my 5.56 AR's.  I just built it so maybe it will take a little getting used to.  

Right To Bear has some fairly light handguards that are inexpensive.  

I went with a RTB Polished and teflon coated trigger since that is what I have on my home defense rifle and wanted something with a similar feel.  May put in Kaw Valley reduced power springs for the PCC though.  

I bought the parts during black friday and all in I was under $1000.  

Edited by SEB