Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm over pressure HS6 question

Zodiac82

Hello I’m new so I’d like to introduce myself and ask some questions and opinions. I’m Wayne. So I made some loads of 124 gr. HST 9mm and I worked up a charge which is pretty hot. I used hs6 and worked up to 7.0 grains. Also got a friend to use quickload to help. When chronographed I got 1200-1245 fps with a CZ p07. It’s very accurate and I’ve fired about 300 of these so far. Is this safe? I’m pretty sure I’m maxed out and sometimes I get hot powder back at me using these. This should be corrected with the heavier slide springs I bought from Cajun gun works. I’m not ever going to load this hot again but I’m definitely going to use up the last 200 rnds I have and don’t plan on pulling them. Has anyone ever took the charge up this high? Johnnys reloading bench on YouTube uses a gold dot 124 and he also went to 7 grains and was going to up that charge but he never made the 4th video. 

Moved to correct forum.

Lots of people shoot HS6 at ridiculous power levels... in specially built Open guns.   You'd have to ask CZ if they think it's ok in a P07 because asking randos on the internet if something is safe is not the best plan.

I've load 9MM on the hot side.  I stop increasing powder when the primers come flying out the back of the case.  Next step is breaking a firing pin.

Primers had flowed to fill the primer pockets way be fore auto depriming.

Seek professional help.   Don't hurt your self.

HS6 is primarily used for Open Division - the slower burn rate allows for more powder and more gas which works in conjunction with Open guns and their comp.  For any non-comp gun, I wouldn't use HS6.  It is pretty dirty and unnecessary - I would say it is 'safe' in that as long as your keeping it around 1200 fps, the powder used won't approach dangerous levels.  It certainly won't be the softest or flattest non-comp setup.