Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aero epc replacement ejector

I don’t have an EPC lower, but I looked up pictures.  My PSA lower takes the same ejector. Notice the ejector also served as a mag stop fir inserting Glock mags. I found that this style ejector (common to many manufacturers) is commonly called a NFA (New Frontier Armory) style. I picked up a couple from Joe Bob Outfitters.  I think it was about $15 for 3. 

basically you install the ejector & confirm magazine stops in right location. Then mark the location of set screws that hold the ejector. Then remove ejector and drill dimples that give the ejector a positive location. Once I did that I had no more ejector issues and no more mag insertion issues that were do to the ejector creeping up from mags being slammed in place. 

if you search for my thread from a few month ago, you’ll find the issue I was having and suggestions and ultimate solution. 

Edited by mitommy
9 hours ago, mitommy said:

I don’t have an EPC lower, but I looked up pictures.  My PSA lower takes the same ejector. Notice the ejector also served as a mag stop fir inserting Glock mags. I found that this style ejector (common to many manufacturers) is commonly called a NFA (New Frontier Armory) style. I picked up a couple from Joe Bob Outfitters.  I think it was about $15 for 3. 

basically you install the ejector & confirm magazine stops in right location. Then mark the location of set screws that hold the ejector. Then remove ejector and drill dimples that give the ejector a positive location. Once I did that I had no more ejector issues and no more mag insertion issues that were do to the ejector creeping up from mags being slammed in place. 

if you search for my thread from a few month ago, you’ll find the issue I was having and suggestions and ultimate solution. 

Hey thank you for the response. So what you are stating is that the ejector should make contact with the magazine from over inserting correct? 
currently with my epc it does that but it also seems to be riding a bit low relative to the bolt. https://blowback9.wordpress.com/2021/04/02/most-common-blowback-problems/
looking at that link the ejector seems like it should be snug up against the bolt but mine leaves a bit of gap between the ejector and bolt. 

Because aero’s ejector is completely drilled through on one side and one set screw acts like a pin, adjusting the ejector height is impossible. I wanted to adjust the ejector height auch that it rides a bit higher against the bolt without it rubbijg it and to give the mag a bit higher position to sit on so it feeds more direct into the chamber (thinking about getting a Macon armory mag release for this also). Also wanted to see if lrbho is causing an issue as I noticed some rounds when manually cycling will catch on it and skip off to the side. I am wondering if that could be some of my issues also. 

11 hours ago, datderecelltech said:

Hey thank you for the response. So what you are stating is that the ejector should make contact with the magazine from over inserting correct? 
currently with my epc it does that but it also seems to be riding a bit low relative to the bolt. https://blowback9.wordpress.com/2021/04/02/most-common-blowback-problems/
looking at that link the ejector seems like it should be snug up against the bolt but mine leaves a bit of gap between the ejector and bolt. 

Because aero’s ejector is completely drilled through on one side and one set screw acts like a pin, adjusting the ejector height is impossible. I wanted to adjust the ejector height auch that it rides a bit higher against the bolt without it rubbijg it and to give the mag a bit higher position to sit on so it feeds more direct into the chamber (thinking about getting a Macon armory mag release for this also). Also wanted to see if lrbho is causing an issue as I noticed some rounds when manually cycling will catch on it and skip off to the side. I am wondering if that could be some of my issues also. 

Can you bend it up?

On 12/27/2022 at 11:25 AM, datderecelltech said:

My ejector does not actually make contact. Different magazines sit in different positions. Generally I think there is about .025 gap. It might be worth getting a non Aero ejector and trying to vary the location a bit.  When I did the testing inscribed a line on the side of the ejector for a quick visual of it not moving. FYI I run the Taccom ESSB bolt in my PCC. Once I worked this location out, it runs flawlessly. 

I hope this gives you some help

Edited by mitommy