Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suppressed Sig MPX best charging handle for gas mitigation

Seeing as the geissele mpx charging handle seemed to be the go to for running on a suppressed mpx for gas mitigation that got discontinued 2 years ago. Does anyone have experience with a MPX charging handle that is equal or even better to the geissele one when running 9mm suppressed. 
have the stock charging handle right now and the amount of gas coming back around it into your face is less than ideal. 

6 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

Never used the NLA handle suppressed… but it’s by far the best handle mechanically. 

Interesting the MPX he gassy. Thought the whole point of locking bolt and gas piston was to reduce the gas/fouling coming rearward. 🤔 

The gas system dumps the excess gas inside the handguard which is open back into the upper receiver.  Even unsuppressed the stock charging handle lets quite a bit of gas past.  The Next Level Armament charging handle and lifter block work well on the MPX.  The lifter block does block some of the gas from passing the charging handle.

Nolan

On 12/13/2022 at 7:12 PM, Nathanb said:

Next level armament 

You use it suppressed Nathan? 
Can seems to be the make or break with the gas kickback for the MPX. Never really noticed it until then. With can on though it’s obnoxious 

3 hours ago, Pmatte1 said:

You use it suppressed Nathan? 
Can seems to be the make or break with the gas kickback for the MPX. Never really noticed it until then. With can on though it’s obnoxious 

I don’t have one. The mpx hasn’t come out of the safe in awhile but I went through this same journey. The consensus was it was the geissele vapor ware or the next level. None are great now that the Geisele is gone

15 hours ago, DocMedic said:

I run my shortie MPX Suppressed, old school RTV on the charging handle works amazingly, and saves you $100+

That’s a solid idea. You just put the silicone on the CH with it set all the way in to try and block some of the open area?  Got a pic of how you did yours?