Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

czechmate barrels!?

ringram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still need a spare barrel? I have the spare barrel from my Czechmate that I forgot to sell when I sold my Czechmate. I still have it around and just use it for plunk testing.

Send me a message.

On 5/27/2024 at 8:41 AM, ringram said:

I think I might have a source.. 

In contact now, just getting a few answers re chamber tightness and throat plus fitting etc

https://www.igbaustria.com/z20-h919-g05-oem-e.html

22 minutes ago, VeilAndrew said:

Do you still need a spare barrel? I have the spare barrel from my Czechmate that I forgot to sell when I sold my Czechmate. I still have it around and just use it for plunk testing.

Send me a message.

IM inbound

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2024 at 11:15 PM, crsuribe said:

How much with USA shipping, import, etc? Being a gun part, aren't there import restrictions?

The broker them via an ffl in Florida who ships them out.. Mainly glock barrels by the looks. 

9 hours ago, ringram said:

The broker them via an ffl in Florida who ships them out.. Mainly glock barrels by the looks. 

I have two on order with them. Super nice people and will set the chamber for major loads. They are great to work with! Thanks for the link! 

On 6/3/2024 at 10:50 AM, VeilAndrew said:

Send me a message.

I got the barrel and it’s exactly what I was looking for. For anyone watching, VeilAndrew is legit as it gets and awesome to deal with. 

Yeah they were helpful. There are a few options so I wasn't sure which ones to choose. They did say they could deepen throat if you wanted. Give us an update when they come in. I'll probably order one or two as well. 

7 hours ago, ringram said:

Yeah they were helpful. There are a few options so I wasn't sure which ones to choose. They did say they could deepen throat if you wanted. Give us an update when they come in. I'll probably order one or two as well. 

Will do. Mine should be here sometime in July or early August. 

• 1 month later...

Barrels arrived... 

Need to fit and test fire. Oem does one hole groups. We will see with these. 

20240801_132112.jpg.d4afbbe299b1f8865b37a1b36d65cbf2.jpg

One possible problem I see though is that the lug that breaks is even smaller than on the A series barrel which is known to be a problem... 

Hmm.. D series on the bottom

20240801_132413.jpg.5fb9c4b1af4dec24ebf0ff115e033aa1.jpg

0.175 web thickness on A series barrel

0.195 web thickness on D series barrel

0.120 on IGB Barrel :(

Maybe if I break it they will modify their design. We will see. I'm a bit disappointed. But I guess I need to run it hard to see if it holds up. More feedback to follow. 

2 hours ago, ringram said:

0.175 web thickness on A series barrel

0.195 web thickness on D series barrel

0.120 on IGB Barrel :(

Maybe if I break it they will modify their design. We will see. I'm a bit disappointed. But I guess I need to run it hard to see if it holds up. More feedback to follow. 

Their metallurgy is much better than CZ so I’d expect them to hold up. But there’s only one way to find out for sure! 

My   both TSO  with a production date of 2016 fits the dimensions and shape of an A series, others  from the club I tested were the same as the D series  including those with a 2015 manufacturing date.

The pic of the IGB barrel, it looks like the barrel peanut shape is the same as an sp01 and not a longer slit for the slide stop pin as seen on the OEM barrels.

Keep us updated on how it fits and runs and holds up.

Installs nice, pretty tight lockup. No fitting required, drop in.

Nice group, basically one hole, same as stock, if I do my job.

But chamber is tighter, looked a little rough and I have failures to extract, grr. Extractor pulled over rim, with my shadow 2, that was fixed by extra power extractor and maybe higher power recoil spring to keep it locked up longer. Cases came out easy, so they are not stuck. I'm hoping its just a bit rough and sticky while pressure is high.

Ran about 100 rounds. About 5 jams. So not good. I tried polishing the chamber now. They are tighter. CZ barrel is like 0.01mm looser.

Will test again and take all spare barrels to swap around. But OEM replacement was 100% reliable maybe due to a little extra slop. I had to discard a barstow barrel for my S2 for the same reason, too unreliable with reloads.

The recoil does feel heavier with the IGB, maybe its tighter all round.

Ill bring some case gauged ammo to see if thats 100%.

So summary so far, is.. work in progress. Reliability is not there out of the box with reloads. On that basis they are a fail.

On 8/3/2024 at 11:23 AM, FarmerDanz said:

The pic of the IGB barrel, it looks like the barrel peanut shape is the same as an sp01 and not a longer slit for the slide stop pin as seen on the OEM barrels.

Keep us updated on how it fits and runs and holds up.

Yeah, you are right, maybe that leads to a faster lock time and more felt recoil.. hmm.. Im not convinced these are a good option as yet. The extra recoil is noticeable.

Cool, yeah. Let me know how yours go. 

Both of mine failed to extract about 1 in 50 rounds. I polished chamber, increased recoil spring and that didn't fix it. 

Finally extra power extractor spring and new extractor and about 300+ without failure. 

But still way more recoil than stock. I also notice it's not going fully into battery. Slide is slightly proud of the frame when locked up. Still works, but I'm going to elongate the locking slot to allow more movement to lock and unlock. 

I'm currently of the opinion the approx 10% difference in lockup lug length is causing the extra recoil and bad extraction. 

Basically too fast to unlock=faster transfer of recoil to slide without barrel helping it slow down, plus too much residential pressure in chamber causing extra extractor load. 

More lock time should mean less pressure, less felt recoil and better extraction. 

We will see. 

There isn't that much space to work with. Maybe 1, or 2mm max. Aka maybe 0.080"

Mine won’t chamber my 1.165” loads despite being throated for “major loads”. Could that be causing your extraction and out of battery issues? 

I think they’re nice barrels, but much like the originals, might need some work to get to 100%. I had to ream my original barrel quite a bit. 

Yeah saw that about czc barrels. I've heard they are tight too... We will see I guess. 

Mine was 100% today with another 500 rounds. So I think it's good now. 

I elongated the lockup slot. It now closes the same as oem, about another 1mm into battery. Basically the same length as oem. Circa 13mm vs the 11.x it comes. 

I think this has addressed the heavier recoil. Maybe if i had not Swapped extractor spring that would be fixed too. But it's working now. I'm happy to run it. 

I'll put a good few thousand through it before saying it's good. 

My chamber was tight too. I also asked for more throat. It's just enough. 

If anyone else gets any I would definitely recommend elongating the lockup slot at the rear to ensure it goes fully into battery. Line up the slide with the frame etc. 

I'm going to hammer it as my main practice gun to see how that thinner front web holds up. 

7 hours ago, ringram said:

Yeah saw that about czc barrels. I've heard they are tight too... We will see I guess. 

Mine was 100% today with another 500 rounds. So I think it's good now. 

I elongated the lockup slot. It now closes the same as oem, about another 1mm into battery. Basically the same length as oem. Circa 13mm vs the 11.x it comes. 

I think this has addressed the heavier recoil. Maybe if i had not Swapped extractor spring that would be fixed too. But it's working now. I'm happy to run it. 

I'll put a good few thousand through it before saying it's good. 

My chamber was tight too. I also asked for more throat. It's just enough. 

If anyone else gets any I would definitely recommend elongating the lockup slot at the rear to ensure it goes fully into battery. Line up the slide with the frame etc. 

I'm going to hammer it as my main practice gun to see how that thinner front web holds up. 

That’s awesome. Keep us posted. I’ve mostly moved on from Czechmates on to 2011’s but definitely want something I can use as a backup or when my kid wants to shoot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2024 at 10:39 PM, ringram said:

Still no spares, no stock, no luck..

Im hoping the replacement D series goes ok, but after about 80,000 the barrel is dead anyway. Bore shot out.

Sad times when the premium CZ handgun cannot be maintained with critical spares :(

Did you ever find one? I’m asking because I might order one in advance if this will continue to be a problem.