Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 or 35

BDH

Well, I have to make a decision..... I was fortunate enough to win my choice of either a Glock 34 or 35 in the USPSA Junior raffle this year, so I need to choose.

FIRST, LET ME SAY THANKS TO CHRIS EDWARDS' AND GLOCK FOR SUPPORTING USPSA, AND THE JUNIORS PROGRAM!!

That said, I guess I would lean toward the 34 since I can always shoot my STI 40 in Limited 10. OTOH, I suppose I could shoot one of my Beretta 9 mm's in Production......

What would you do?? I won a gun, but don't seem to have a place for it!! How can that be?

I feel that the 35 is a little more versatile in that it makes major but you can also load it down for production. With the new 9mm major the 34 might be interesting, but you're not going to make a Glock Open classer are you Brian? What do Jason and Kyle say? BTW, about that 3rd stage you scored for me at Miami in June, I still think that was a double (kidding).

I score 'em exactly the same.... every time, every shooter....

That must make for a boring stage...everybody getting the same score and all...

BDH,

If you want to try them out let me know.

You can have more options with the 40.  I download mine for Production and steel.  Works great.

I like the handling of the G17/22's.

You guys aren't making this any easier...... maybe I'll just flip a coin . My gut tells me to get the 40, but I think I will probably get the 9mm. One other reason is that I spend enough time separating swelled 40 cases from my brass. I don't want to contribute to that problem .

Twix: as for that double..... I don't remember the call (I'm probably still suffering from heat exhaustion from the FGN, and maybe Budweiser abuse from the Ohio Sectional). Did you keep the target?? If so, I'd be happy to look at it again, and I can probably get Rick Green to re-post the scores .

A Lee Factory Crimp die minimzes problems with bulged .40 Glock brass. About the only time I see a problem anyway is with S&B. Let us know what you pick. Hey Flex, what load are you using for .40 minor? And spring? thanks. Brian, you and Mr. Green run a nice match down there at Miami R&P.

Production G35 load.

3.5g of TiteGroup with ZERO 180g JHP (i use Federal 200 primers)

Stock recoil spring (well used).  The brass just rolls out of the gun.

Brian H.,

The nice thing about the 9mm is that you can run to Wal-mart and buy ammo for about what the time, money and hassle is worth by making you own on the press.

As for the 40 brass...the Dillon dies don't seem to re-size far enough down the case (they seem to have a nice radius so that the brass funnels into them easily).

Lee makes a "U" die (for undersized?) that squeezes the brass down a bit more.  EGW grinds this die down so that it sizes the case further toward the web (it is around $18, I think).

I use a standard Lee re-sizing die (along with the FCD in the last station).  I gauge all my rounds with a Dillon gauge (suppose to be pretty tight).  I have very few that don't pass the Dillon gauge.

Heh-heh. I do like those nice little piles of brass.Thanks Flex. I ran a big batch of 200 grainers and had cycling problems. For loading .40, I started with Redding dies and have been very pleased, they were recomended as a more full length re-sizer for G -fired brass. Add a LFCD, and viola! The only thing that doesn't pass a Bar-sto barrell is the occasional S&B.

I use the dillon die in station one of my 650, and a lee tight die from EGW in station 2, with the decapping pin removed.  The 2 die setup makes the press much easier to operate with LE Glock brass, and I have had zero ammo related problems with it.  FYI all the brass I use id glock 1 firing, and I leave it lay after I shoot it.

Boy, this is thread drift!

Tom

I've thought about selling it as I really don't need it. However, something just doesn't feel right about that! I never win in the lottery, or any other drawing, so maybe this is a start of something new !

OTOH, a HUNDRED BUCKS!!!! Wow, do you really think someone would give me a C note for this?

• 2 weeks later...

I second the G35 as the gun of choice.  Think of the possibilities/options you have with it.  Load your ammo down(like I do) and shoot Production, load up, add a mag well-L10, add high caps, blast in Limited!.  Get a ported barrel and a dot sight, presto-now you shoot open!!  Who'd of thunk it.  This gun is probably the only true all-around IPSC blaster.  BTW-I have over 20000 through mine now, dare I say, without a hick-up!

My 2 cents.