Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP silent buffer

10 hours ago, CGoodwin said:

Interesting! I've owned a MPX previously and liked it a lot. The weight is really not significant IMHO. I do get a stiff charging handle when it gets dirty, kind of frustrating for the cost!

the weight is significant once you use light weight and realize how much it affect transitions. 

That's what my setup looks like. Its not a GMR15, but all of my internals and barrel are JP. I've had a couple of the O-rings fail on me, but that was after thousands of rounds and several years of matches. I replaced them earlier this year after I noticed a piece of O-ring had worked its way out of the buffer tube. Was an easy fix with the maintenance package from JP. I don't know about Home Depot rings, but I'm sure you could give it a shot, I don't think it would hurt anything. 

3 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

That's what my setup looks like. Its not a GMR15, but all of my internals and barrel are JP. I've had a couple of the O-rings fail on me, but that was after thousands of rounds and several years of matches. I replaced them earlier this year after I noticed a piece of O-ring had worked its way out of the buffer tube. Was an easy fix with the maintenance package from JP. I don't know about Home Depot rings, but I'm sure you could give it a shot, I don't think it would hurt anything. 

Thanks Looks like we both have the short stroke kits. Does your guns bolt hold open on the last round?

18 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Is this the correct buffer set up for my JP GMR 15 9 mm? Are the rubber o-ring spacers from JP enterprises stronger than the ones I would get from home Depot?

Yes, that is the short stroke, 5 stainless model. 

Yes, the o-rings are a special chemistry for the application. 

24 minutes ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Yes, that is the short stroke, 5 stainless model. 

Yes, the o-rings are a special chemistry for the application. 

Thanks I called JP rifles and placed an order for replacement o-rings, retainer ring and a new short stroke buffer kit. I figured I might as well replace everything.

Edited by usmc1974
1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

Thanks I called JP rifles and placed an order for replacement o-rings, retainer ring and a new short stroke buffer kit. I figured I might as well replace everything.

Yep, that's normally what I did. I figured it was cheap enough to replace the whole thing and have peace of mind, kind of like mag springs once a year.