Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best C More Mount

liveround

Hi

I have purchased a Tanfoglio Gold Custom in 38 super. The pistol is factory drilled on both sides of the frame with four holes. I'm trying to decide between a C More and OKO red dot. I like the C More Serendipity as the mount is included for about the same price as the C More Slide Ride and the mount is only 3/4 oz.

Can anyone tell me what the hole spacing is on the Serendipity ? I seen plenty of pictures of Tanfoglio's with the Serendipity fitted.

Would it be secure enough with just 2 screws per side if they fitted ? I don't want to have to send the Tanfoglio away to get re-drilled and I don't think there would be space to drill any more holes.

Alternately I'm leaning towards the Dawson Precision mount as it has a built in blast shield. I don't fancy paying $50 for a Kidd blast shield!

Dawson offer the mount predrilled for weigand pattern. Can someone tell me what the spacing is for weigand pattern ? Will it fit the Tanfoglio holes ?

Any recommendations for an alternative mount ?

What the main difference between the std and click switch C More versions ?

Thanks

lr

lr,

I believe the spacing on the gold frame is 10mm and I'm not sure that any of the current pattern 1911 mounts match this spacing.

When I ran Tanfogs, I used a Dawson mount. I bought an undrilled mount, remove the under cut from back side of the mount and drill it to match the frame. Utilizing this combination, you should be able to acheive a very low profile.

post-3761-1133910209_thumb.jpg

Kenny

I agree to go with the seperate mount. The Serendipity SL1000 for CZ's and Tanfoglio put the sight way too high, but some have taken and cut the sides down and drilled 2 new holes in each side of the sight and mounted it that way. I would try modifying a mount and use a slideride. I believe Henning Wallgren uses a Brazo's mount on his Tanfo.

remove the under cut from back side of the mount

Kenny,

Please excuse my ignorance, what do you mean by the above. With the Tanfoglio having a wider frame than a 1911 will the dawson mount be in the centre of the frame ? Does this matter ?

Jody,

Thanks for the advice about the height of the serendipity, Bawo Custom guns in German offer a slide ride mount predrilled, but it works out expensive and then requires a blast shield.

I also found one on the Tanfoglio website, but they cannot give me any pictures!

Has any of you guys saw a limcat blast shield ? any pictures ? They may be a better option at $20

Thanks,

lr

LR,

Most 1911 mounts have a pad where the scope mounts to the frame. This pad averages around 5.5 mm thick. The standard frame thickness of a 1911 is 21.1mm versus the 27mm of the Tanfoglio. To center the scope, you will need to remove 2.95mm from this pad.

I like the scope to be offset a little to the left. I do this by offsetting the mounting points for the scope. This accomplishes two things, first it moves the scope away from the ejection port. The second item is I am lefthanded and left eye dominant, so it places the pistol a little closer to the centerline axis of my body. If you want to try the offset, leave the pad on the mount. Brazos Custom sells a mount that is already designed to offset the scope.

I've never used any of the blast shields, even with the hybrid or on my current Brazos Pro Sx with Poppleholes.

Kenny

When I 'admired' Hennings pistol, I really liked how the Brazo's mount looked, sat, and how durable it was made. It looked perfect on the gun. I am unsure if he added a blast shield or not. Likely most 1911 undrilled mounts can be milled down to the right center to face measurements needed to go on a tanfoglio. If you can find a recent pic, Tanfoglio has a factory C-More mount with the right hole pattern you need. I believe somewhere here on the forum there was a pic of one with a Dawson mount like Master lefty's which looked really nice too. Most gunsmiths could fix you up really easy with a mount they may have in stock. The Serindipity would be a good way to go, but I think they sit way too high. If you don't mind spending the money, Eric Grauffel will build you one of his mounts, they are the nicest I've seen for the Tanfoglio; metal and carbon fiber, and sit really low which I like.

What the main difference between the std and click switch C More versions ?

Guys, have you any thoughts on what is best ?

Thanks,

lr

For me, the click is a waste of money. I only know one setting, Wide Open.

The click has preset resistors, the first 3or4 are not useful, whereas the standard uses a reostat that is infinitely adjustable between off and wide open.

Kenny

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have a C-More mounted on a Witness gold team in 38 super.

I went with the one side mount from EAA and since the mount has weaver scope mount I used a C-More sight that has weaver rings on it. It worked fine and you can use the sight with any other rifle or handgun that you care to put a weaver mount on.

The C-more serendipity has three holes but they do not match with the four holes on the witness gold team.

I can take pictures of the mount if you wish.

I just placed the serendipity over the witness gold team in 38 super (large frame) and it will fit perfectly! you will have to cut the factory munt just above the three holes and then drill four on each side to use your factory scope mounts, plus you will have to buy appropriate screws 8 ea.

It can be done and it will look great, my only concern would be that the scope will sit right on top of the ejection port and that may cause a malfunction.

let me know if you need more pics.

I used to have a C-More mounted on a Witness gold team in 38 super.

I went with the one side mount from EAA and since the mount has weaver scope mount I used a C-More sight that has weaver rings on it. It worked fine and you can use the sight with any other rifle or handgun that you care to put a weaver mount on.

The C-more serendipity has three holes but they do not match with the four holes on the witness gold team.

I can take pictures of the mount if you wish.

I just placed the serendipity over the witness gold team in 38 super (large frame) and it will fit perfectly! you will have to cut the factory munt just above the three holes and then drill four on each side to use your factory scope mounts, plus you will have to buy appropriate screws 8 ea.

It can be done and it will look great, my only concern would be that the scope will sit right on top of the ejection port and that may cause a malfunction.

let me know if you need more pics.

post-7108-1135924100_thumb.jpg

post-7108-1135924871_thumb.jpg

hole spacing on a c-more serendipity is .750" center to center 3 on each side,6 screws 5-40 thread. most pre-drilled single side mounts are 5 holes, 5-40 thread and .375" center to center. you may be better off getting a no-hole mount and drill to the size and spacing you need.

• 4 weeks later...

IF you are at all handy?...go to Lowes/Home Depot. Buy the 2" aluminum angle, get out your hacksaw/file...You can make many "Alcin" style mounts/w/blast sheild for UNDER $10. You will need to locate a couple holes... just take your time! TRY IT, YOU WILL LIKE IT!! mikey1

Tanfo has a new single side mount for the C-More slide-ride model. Saw one with my own two eyes a couple of weeks ago. It looked real nice and kept the scope low to the bore axis. There wasn't an integral blast shield but for a few bucks more you can add one of the Kidd models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...