Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS Chargemaster Lite Issue - Quit Working (what to replace with)

rootacres

Hello all,

So I have a chargemaster lite that has seen use for 1 rifle over the last 3 years. Im doing some load development with new pills. Last week I loaded up 20 ish, fast forward to last night. I plug the unit in, hit the on button, and nothing. The machine is entirely unresponsive to any button punching. Being that I am out of warranty through RCBS Im guessing that I am SOL for that, but will still try calling them. Anyone else have this problem? What electronic dispensing units are you all using?

The power supply is a 12 volt transformer. ( converts 240/110 to 12 volt) My thought is it has failed . That's why I asked if it would light up or not. Know of one that failed . But it was one of the very first ones sold. 5 ish years old at that time. As memory serves part was cheep from RCBS. $10.00?

19 hours ago, AHI said:

The power supply is a 12 volt transformer. ( converts 240/110 to 12 volt) My thought is it has failed . That's why I asked if it would light up or not. Know of one that failed . But it was one of the very first ones sold. 5 ish years old at that time. As memory serves part was cheep from RCBS. $10.00?

Thank you for the help. I will give them a shout and see. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 1:53 PM, AHI said:

Just thought I would give an update on this. RCBS sent me out a new 12v cord for free (very quick delivery) in hopes that would be the problem. Turns out it is not. The entire unit doesn't work and is out of warranty. Kind of SOL now. I'll be taking a peak at some others as I need to continue load development for an elk hunt in 6 weeks. 

8 hours ago, dannyd said:

The charge master is hard to beat I have had one for 8 or 9 years. If you get a new one whatever brand plug it in a a good power strip when using it.

^^2X I leave mine on most the time unless it’s going to be weeks before I need it again. Stay’s warmed up ready to go and seems more stable. 

• 2 months later...