Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F v. P10C (full size)

Squirrel45

Hi Again, 

Sorry to ask another question on a similar topic. I thought it would be better to start a new topic instead of getting more in the weeds with the last one. I was looking around the interwebs and it seems that the F has a pretty poor trigger out of the box. In addition all I can ascertain is that the barrel is 1/2" longer of the F vs C.  I also see that the F and C full size is basically the same lower as well. My question is if I was just planning on running optics on this would I just be better off with the full size C, and put an apex trigger in it? The MSR's are nearly $400 apart and cant see the F being $400 better?

thanks again

Squirrel  

7 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Sorry I was looking at state compliant ones. Is the difference between a c and f mainly the grip length and capacity?

C is compact with 4" barrel and 15 round mags for standard. Offered with and with out optics ready.

F is a Full size with a 4.5" barrel and 19 round mags standard. Offered with and with out optics ready.

We also make the F comp ready that is a 5" version, has 3 mags instead of 2, HBI trigger shoe, APEX slide release, mag release. Barrel in TIN coated and backplate is aluminum instead of plastic. Also has Henning Aluminum base pads. Only offered Optic ready.

4 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

C is compact with 4" barrel and 15 round mags for standard. Offered with and with out optics ready.

F is a Full size with a 4.5" barrel and 19 round mags standard. Offered with and with out optics ready.

We also make the F comp ready that is a 5" version, has 3 mags instead of 2, HBI trigger shoe, APEX slide release, mag release. Barrel in TIN coated and backplate is aluminum instead of plastic. Also has Henning Aluminum base pads. Only offered Optic ready.

thank you for clearing this up for me. I really enjoy shooting CZ's and think I want to try a striker for CO im steel challenge. A question I do have is on the optic ready is there a plate for a Cmore RTS2?

thanks again

Squirrel

6 minutes ago, Squirrel45 said:

A question I do have is on the optic ready is there a plate for a Cmore RTS2?

The trigger on the P-10S, P-10C, and P-10F is the exact same.  They all have the normal sample to sample variation that is inherent is mass produced items.  The idiots who say that one has a better trigger than another are working from sample sizes of 1.  Ignore them.

Yes, CZ makes an optics plate for the C-more RTS2.  None come with the pistol.  The CZ official store is likely the only place that will have them.

5 minutes ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

The trigger on the P-10S, P-10C, and P-10F is the exact same.  They all have the normal sample to sample variation that is inherent is mass produced items.  The idiots who say that one has a better trigger than another are working from sample sizes of 1.  Ignore them.

Yes, CZ makes an optics plate for the C-more RTS2.  None come with the pistol.  The CZ official store is likely the only place that will have them.

thanks buddy, clear and to the point 

10 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

clear and to the point 

I try to be, at least when I'm talking from first hand experience.

The truth is the P-10 is an underrated pistol.  The grip shape doesn't agree with me, but don't let that stop you, cause it might work great for you.

The P10F and the P10c should be relatively close in price, the P10F CR (competition ready) may be $400 more.  I have both the C and F with aftermarket trigger and both are great pistols.  I do not feel the aftermarket trigger was any better than stock on my particular gun, both were good.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:10 AM, Johnny_Chimpo said:

I try to be, at least when I'm talking from first hand experience.

The truth is the P-10 is an underrated pistol.  The grip shape doesn't agree with me, but don't let that stop you, cause it might work great for you.

Is there away you could describe why it doesnt work for you ? For autos I shoot either a 1911 style or CZ Shadow & TS. I really have no great knowledge of striker fires except one time I shot a Glock # something or other and a 320 legion. Both of these felt very bricky to me compared to my usual. 

4 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

Is there away you could describe why it doesnt work for you ? For autos I shoot either a 1911 style or CZ Shadow & TS. I really have no great knowledge of striker fires except one time I shot a Glock # something or other and a 320 legion. Both of these felt very bricky to me compared to my usual. 

The grip is too narrow and the back face of the back strap is not flat enough.  I can't think of another way to describe it.  It's like the pistol always wants to roll around in my hands, and I can never really tell if I'm grabbing it the same way on every draw.

The blockyness of a Glock grip, as well as its angle, is a feature not a mistake.  It's very clear to my brain when my hand hits the grip right.  And the grip angle that so many 1911 lovers hate is what makes recoil management so effortless with Glocks.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:44 PM, Squirrel45 said:

thank you for clearing this up for me. I really enjoy shooting CZ's and think I want to try a striker for CO im steel challenge. A question I do have is on the optic ready is there a plate for a Cmore RTS2?

thanks again

Squirrel

Our factory plate that "fits" it mas to have the front milled I believe. I think CZ Custom has a plate that fits it without any modifications.