Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock mods for limited class

ShootingPilot

I'm wondering if magazine release and slide release extensions are legal for limited class shooting with a Glock 35? I know they would not be allowed in the Production class but seem to be allowed in Limited if I'm reading the rules correctly?

Here's a list of mods I did for my g35.4 shown here. Goal was to have a more tolerable plastic limited gun while fitting in a production holster, and to also mess around with weight gaining mods.

Vogel sights, Dawson Extensions, Glock Store pure tungsten guide rod, Dawson ICE magwell.

@Reds_Dotcan also give input of what he's attempted for his g22.5 and how that affected him. 

Here's a video of me messing around with adding weight to the front end of the gun: https://youtu.be/MLBMgrJS0dc

20220704_224411.jpg

Here's a list of mods I did for my g35.4 shown here. Goal was to have a more tolerable plastic limited gun while fitting in a production holster, and to also mess around with weight gaining mods.

Vogel sights, Dawson Extensions, Glock Store pure tungsten guide rod, Dawson ICE magwell.

It looked like in the video the final combo was the flattest.

Edited by theroryshow

2 hours ago, theroryshow said:

It looked like in the video the final combo was the flattest.

It's also the one that hurts the shoulders the most, and ended up with the most muzzle dip when the slide returned to battery. Kinda like holding sledgehammer at full extension on one end.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, ShootingPilot said:

I'm wondering if magazine release and slide release extensions are legal for limited class shooting with a Glock 35?

Absent any special conditions in the respective appendix, what isn't prohibited is allowed.  So yes.

On 7/4/2022 at 3:55 PM, ShootingPilot said:

I know they would not be allowed in the Production class

That's incorrect.  They are allowed.  Might want to re-read then entire Production Division appendix.

BTW, firearms are separated by divisions not classes.

Edited by Johnny_Chimpo

On 7/4/2022 at 10:50 PM, TheChewycookie said:

@Reds_Dotcan also give input of what he's attempted for his g22.5 and how that affected him. 

The G22.5 isn't optimal for rolling with a plastic gun in Limited. The shorter barrel and polygonal rifling makes getting to powerfactor a bit of a balancing act. 

Mods I added:

- Dawson sights

- Glockstore pure tungsten guiderod w/17# spring

- Tungsten weights and putty (for soapbox derby cars) in the grip

That's it. It shoots pretty well. It returns well and the extra weight helps settle out the iron sights a bit better. I don't get any muzzle dip (dolphining). 

Stock Gen5 triggers are pretty good so no need to mess with that. I ran a Dawson Ice magwell for a bit but it was actually slowing down mt reloads because it was harder to get my support hand back on the grip well. So I ditched it. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/wQTvAGCgx_c?feature=share

3 hours ago, Reds_Dot said:

The G22.5 isn't optimal for rolling with a plastic gun in Limited. The shorter barrel and polygonal rifling makes getting to powerfactor a bit of a balancing act. 

Mods I added:

- Dawson sights

- Glockstore pure tungsten guiderod w/17# spring

- Tungsten weights and putty (for soapbox derby cars) in the grip

That's it. It shoots pretty well. It returns well and the extra weight helps settle out the iron sights a bit better. I don't get any muzzle dip (dolphining). 

Stock Gen5 triggers are pretty good so no need to mess with that. I ran a Dawson Ice magwell for a bit but it was actually slowing down mt reloads because it was harder to get my support hand back on the grip well. So I ditched it. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/wQTvAGCgx_c?feature=share

What tungsten weights and putty did you use?

How much weight were you able to add with just this?

On 7/7/2022 at 12:34 PM, superslowmo said:

What tungsten weights and putty did you use?

How much weight were you able to add with just this?

Just what I found on Amazon. You can just do a search for Tungsten putty and weights for soapbox derby. It will pop up with tons of sources.

I managed to get ~4oz into the grip. The putty isn't exact but it's more than the guiderode so it balances nicely.