Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 and Mr Bullet Feeder Issues

leftee

I have some questions for the collective wisdom of this forum.  Hopefully this is posted in the correct subforum.  I have a 1050 Super and just added a MBF.  I'm loading SNS 147gr flat nose.  When I watch the MBF fill the tube everything works as it should, but when I begin reloading I start to experience occasional flips.  I suspect it is the movement of the unit caused by the "sticking" that happens when pulling the powder drop expansion die out of the case.  Not sure how to smooth out that action so it isn't so sticky.  Any suggestions?

My second question has to do with MBF bullet drop die.  I was using the Double Alpha Dropper-Tensioning Spring Assembly and was having all sorts of issues.  I figured out it was the Spring Assembly fouling on the powder drop.  Removed the Spring Assembly and had fewer issues, but does anyone know if there is a trick to installing the Spring Assembly that allows it to work with a 1050?

Edited by leftee
typo

With regards to your first question you are correct, if it's installed on the case feeder you will experience flip bullets. If you search under the reloading section, under dillion, you will see how many people install the MBF independent of the case feeder that will fix your problem. 

I do use case lube, but maybe I'll try a little lube on the powder drop die.  I adjusted the powder hopper which allows the return spring to clear, and I moved the bullet feeder off the case feeder.  We'll see how the next reload session goes.

On 7/3/2022 at 4:43 PM, leftee said:

My second question has to do with MBF bullet drop die.  I was using the Double Alpha Dropper-Tensioning Spring Assembly and was having all sorts of issues.  I

If the dropper die can move freely you do not need the tension spring assembly, it is only needed when the die gets hung up and drops multiple bullets.

this usually happens when the die is under tension from the bullet feeder spring, you can prevent this by adjusting the position of the bullet feeder itself and shortening the spring if needed.