Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super to super comp

Racinready300ex

My guns will shoot both with the same extractor, but I use SC brass, Star Line. The SC brass stacks better, and get another round or two in the mag. There are many different manufacturers of SC brass, try them all if you need to, my guns hate Arms Corp SC brass.

My gun runs them all with no extractor change. There are some minor differences but 38 SC, 38 TJ, 38 Super. But like above

2 hours ago, tomjerry1 said:

my guns hate Arms Corp SC brass.

It's does not really like the Armscor brand. 

I would take it and try before making any changes. 

I changed to a 9mm extractor even though the super extractor seem to work, thus an issue not having worry about while shooting a COF. Gun problems never seem to show themselves until your shooting a match, Murphy’s Law.

• 4 weeks later...

It ended up not working, I fit a new extractor last weekend and shot a match. I burned up the last of my super ammo and shot one stage with super comp and no malfunctions. 

On 7/4/2022 at 5:17 PM, Gunjack said:

I changed to a 9mm extractor even though the super extractor seem to work, thus an issue not having worry about while shooting a COF. Gun problems never seem to show themselves until your shooting a match, Murphy’s Law.

Funny you say that, the match I shot this past weekend was my first time back in open in like 6 years. Apparently how I grip a gun has changed because the paddle on the mag release that used to work fine when I shot limited and open led to me dropping mags all over the place on my first stage.