Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recoil spring for SP-01 shadow

scottinohio

That depends on the load as well as the hammer spring; I would say the lightest that would make sense is an 8lbs recoil spring with an 11lbs hammer spring.  That would only make sense with 147s and a fast powder, and you may find the overall cycle time and dot movement is 'too slow.'  I run a 10 recoil and 11 hammer with 135s and medium powder - it seems to be a good combo for my Shadow 2 Orange in CO.

I've got about 100k rounds through my 2 SP-01 Shadows.    I run an 11 pound recoil spring with an 11.5 pound hammer spring.    I'm shooting 125gn SNS conical flat points.   Anything lighter and I see no improvement in gun performance and get occasional, but rare, reliability problems.

I’ve run 11# recoil in my CZs for years.

gun returns perfectly, have seen no wear, has been 100% reliable over all the years.

we offer some very light springs at the shop, but 10# and 11# seem the most requested 

15 hours ago, 2MoreChains said:

Shoot a series of Bill Drills with different weight springs.  Go with the weight that gives you the best HF.  If you can’t tell the difference between two weights, go with the higher weight one.  

I like this!  I have also found the Bill Drill to be a good snapshot acid test when comparing different ammo, red dots or sights, triggers, and now add springs to the list!