Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal To Sell High Capacity Pistol Magazines On Ebay?

cottyw

Does anyone know if it is legal to sell high capacity pistol magazines on ebay? My understanding is that if the item is illegal for the citizens of Kalifornia to own or obtain you cannot sell it on the forum.

The magazines are Glock, thats why I put the post here.

Will

Edited by cottyw

It seems that since you cannot even own a high capacity magazine in California -snip-

But I could be wrong.

Yup, you could be.

We can keep what we had before 1 Jan 2000. We can't buy, import, or manufacture new ones. We can sell the ones that we have, just not to a California person. Don't do EBay so I don't know what their rules are

Retail outlets state that they will not ship prohibited items to certain areas, usually.

As an individual, it is better to err on the side of caution, however. I wouldn't risk it since local laws may apply and hold the recipient and seller accountable.

The risk of lawsuits etc is too great.

Ebay rules say that you cannot sell high cap mags on Ebay. However there are dozens for sale that I saw. Supposedly Ebay will cancel your account if they catch you selling them. There is no legal issue as long as you don't ship them to somewhere they can't be owned.

+1

you cannot sell mags the hold over 10rds.

However you can sell parts. That is to say you can sell all the parts to the hi caps.

or you could go over to that other site and sell them :D

It's an Ebay policy to not allow any mags over 10-rounds to be sold.

Of the hi-caps that you see that are being sold on Ebay there is usually a BS phrase saying that it is a 10-rounder when in fact the magazine is a hi-cap. If that statement isn't on there there's almost a 100% chance that it will get cancelled by Ebay.

... again ALMOST. I've seen auctions go to completion because the filter or whatever doesn't catch an omission of the phrase.

Just for kicks you should bid on one of those hi-caps that doesn't have the 10-round phrase (lowball so you don't get stuck with it). You will see that they almost always get cancelled.