Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

130 grain brass monkey bullets

stephenmcrna

Just wanted to share I tried out brass monkey bullets 130 grain.  I went with them because I knew they would ship right away 

Gun. Shadow 2

sport pistol 4.1

10 shot average was 1040 fps 

about 135 pf

The longest I could load was 1.108.

I was a able to shoot a fist sized 10 shot group at 25 yds.  But I ran out of ammo to make a final decision.  The dot returned way faster than my 145 grain.  I’m going to shoot the rest of the 1000 before I make a final decision. I tested at 3.8, 3.9, 4, and 4.1 gr.  I got a squib at 3.8.  4-4.1 seemed to be the best. Just need to test hone in accuracy a little bit more.  I really liked the 4.1 with a 12 lb recoil spring. 

Edited by stephenmcrna

I got a set of the RN 125 grain, before they were correctly renamed as 127 gr, and I also had to load quite short in my Shadow, the bullet profile is not friendly to short leade barrels like the Shadow, stock. Most recently I picked up the 150gr bullets and I noticed that the coating came off in small spots while they were in transit, not all of them, but enough that I noticed a green powder on my fingers after I loaded a hundred rounds. When I initially got the 125gr, they were the first of the new batch of color and they were losing their coating quite easily. confirmed to be a bad batch by BMB.

They shoot well, but to be honest, I don't like that the coating is still not exactly there. I may still stick to SNS as the coating is very sturdy on those.

8 hours ago, Arcrunner said:

I got a set of the RN 125 grain, before they were correctly renamed as 127 gr, and I also had to load quite short in my Shadow, the bullet profile is not friendly to short leade barrels like the Shadow, stock. Most recently I picked up the 150gr bullets and I noticed that the coating came off in small spots while they were in transit, not all of them, but enough that I noticed a green powder on my fingers after I loaded a hundred rounds. When I initially got the 125gr, they were the first of the new batch of color and they were losing their coating quite easily. confirmed to be a bad batch by BMB.

They shoot well, but to be honest, I don't like that the coating is still not exactly there. I may still stick to SNS as the coating is very sturdy on those.

Yeah I been shooting blue bullets for a while. I may just order there 125 grain and call it a day as long as I don’t have to wait forever 

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Afimiglock said:

Has anyone loaded 130 gr Brass Monkey woth N320?. Any guidance would be great.

3.8 - 4.0gr of N320 Should put you in the ball park, you might want to add what gun you are shooting these out of.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 4:43 AM, Arcrunner said:

I use the 124g 9mm in my open gun at 172 PF...

On 8/4/2022 at 12:33 PM, Furrly said:

3.8 - 4.0gr of N320 Should put you in the ball park, you might want to add what gun you are shooting these out of.

This is a great point. 3.8g of Titegroup/Clean Shot behind a 124g will get me 130ish PF out of most of my Production/Carry optic guns.