Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dillon 750 (re)setup help plz

davsco

7 hours ago, Farmer said:

Yeah that’s a problem. Guess a guy needs to work on a decent expander for the Dillon. I hear a lot on here about the MBF powder funnel but I don’t know how it expands. 

It does a better job than the Dillon.

There are several other options that are variations on the same basic theme.

I'm sure google is your friend.

The subject comes up time and again so the feedback is out there.

Not sure how much reloading experience you have but from the looks of your ammo, you need to start from scratch. The amount of bell is ridiculous 

Yes, the MBF powder funnel/expander might be slightly better than the Dillon (I’ve used both and they both make perfectly fine ammo). The funnel is not the issue. 

there is a fundamental flaw in your reloading process that needs to be diagnosed and corrected. Remove every die and reinstall one by one as described above in this thread. Try to isolate the problem

23 hours ago, davsco said:

they do fit in the hundo case gauge but just didn't look 'right.'

Look right in what manner?  Do you mean seeing the bottom of the bullet in the brass case?  This is common for some brass bullet combos.  

Most likely due to varying brass case wall thickness that will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.  I would think under sizing dies that undersize the brass also exaggerates this issue.

image.png.4197045b1653c0d913d419a714993e6f.png

It does not happen all of the time and it messes with my OCD, but as long as it passes the case gage it will be fine.  

Edited by Boomstick303

7 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Look right in what manner?  Do you mean seeing the bottom of the bullet in the brass case?  This is common for some brass bullet combos.  

Most likely due to varying brass case wall thickness that will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.  I would think under sizing dies that undersize the brass also exaggerate this issue.

It does not happen all of the time and it messes with my OCD, but as long as it passes the case gage it will be fine.  

good to know, thanks!  i always case gauge 100% (hundo 100) and will also double check that it plunks in my incoming gun's barrel.

• 1 month later...