Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new (to me) Witness Match - help ID straight trigger please?

PGT

I had one of these years ago and sold it as I wasn't find of the sharp machining on the frame (notable using the front cocking serrations).  A local shop had this on consignment this morning for less than I paid new way back in 2010 so it came home with me.  

The original trigger and front sight are in the case so nice to have them.  The straight trigger has a replacement trigger pin with Torx on one side and square not on the other.  Seems Henning used a horseshoe-shaped nut so maybe this is an EAA kit installed?  Anybody recognize it?

I'll need new mags (or at least new springs)...two of the three don't lock the slide back

P4LfjH8l.jpg

Ru8kolGl.jpg

5ou7m3ll.jpg

Ice4xahl.jpg

Edited by PGT

Yup, Henning trigger and they had a bolt nut combo to replace the trigger roll pin (which a huge pain in the butt to replace). They don’t offer the bolt nut combo anymore. Patriot defense sells a CZ trigger pin that is easy to remove/replace. 

On 4/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, PGT said:

I'll need new mags (or at least new springs)...two of the three don't lock the slide back

That is probably because of the Henning brass shock buffer on the guide rod.  They caution that the slide may not lock back with that installed.  It'd be an easy thing to test though.  Take that shock buff off and then test the mags for function.  👍