Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Automatic Brass Marker

Chapo

It's the best solution that I've found, but can be a bit finicky.  

You can get a mark, but don't expect the perfect bands they have in the picture.  The markers they supply don't work (in my experiance), but can be remedied by getting Sharpie "brush" style markers.

I've set it up without the chute and have it drop right off my press in line with my catch bin, as I didn't like having it on the floor.  It does jam as the rounds aren't orientated right (they come in from the side with the chute, mine comes from the top), but it's only a minor issue.

I use it to mark my different loads so I don't get them mixed up, and it works well for that purpose.  Identifying your brass at the range would work as well.

PXL_20220421_145831550.jpg

5 minutes ago, ph4t0ny said:

It's the best solution that I've found, but can be a bit finicky.  

You can get a mark, but don't expect the perfect bands they have in the picture.  The markers they supply don't work (in my experiance), but can be remedied by getting Sharpie "brush" style markers.

I've set it up without the chute and have it drop right off my press in line with my catch bin, as I didn't like having it on the floor.  It does jam as the rounds aren't orientated right (they come in from the side with the chute, mine comes from the top), but it's only a minor issue.

I use it to mark my different loads so I don't get them mixed up, and it works well for that purpose.  Identifying your brass at the range would work as well.

PXL_20220421_145831550.jpg

Yup.  Exactly my thought.  Plus, it doesn't work for rifle cases.

I purchased one but could never get it to work correctly. Tried it with different markers, the Panda Products add one; way too finicky for me. I would go with something like the Armonov case gauge market plate; way simpler. 

The reason I wanted to mark my rounds was to differentiate between light steel loads and major USPSA loads.

I use a Hundo gauge to post case gauge so when it’s full I just run a Large Magnum sharpie across the bases.  This also highlights any high primers.  Red for Major loads and Black on my regular loads.  Takes about 20sec per 100.  Does leave you with a nice rainbow f colors on the Hundo block to clean later but that’s easy..

If you "mush" the Sharpie point and put some extra weight on it (or them) like a 3/4 nut, it works pretty well. What I don't like is the marking tend to come off on your hands when handling the ammo. Maybe because of the case lube?  Might be best to dry tumble the loaded rounds first, then run them through the marker. Otherwise, it works as advertised for me.

I made a couple of heavy brass collars with set screws to hold the pens, after adjusting the chute carefully it works pretty dang good, 2 nice fine lines with regular sharpies but the weight of the collars was needed for sure to get it to work well