Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

saw a new timer...

johnbu

Hi, was at a match and a guy had a new timer with bluetooth that linked to his phone.

Yeah yeah, several do that...but...

This one linked to the camera app and pushed the shot times into the video of him shooting. The timer had extra buttons to allow that.

Has anyone heard of this? And who is making it?

18 hours ago, johnbu said:

Hi, was at a match and a guy had a new timer with bluetooth that linked to his phone.

Yeah yeah, several do that...but...

This one linked to the camera app and pushed the shot times into the video of him shooting. The timer had extra buttons to allow that.

Regarding the "...but..." part.

The PractiScore Log app is a one time paid app that works with basically all Bluetooth timers currently available.

The video recording feature been supported for all of timers for a while.

https://www.facebook.com/eugene.practiscore/posts/1019618262217759

You can find more info about the PractiScore Log app at:

https://community.practiscore.com/t/practiscore-log-app-info/215

PS: did your guy mentioned that that vendor app requires a monthly subscription?... :)

I have a Pocket Pro, AMG and I actually bought the SG Timer from them during an Instagram deal.  I received the timer in two days.  It shipped from Poland on March 15th and I had it in my hands on the 17th.  So that was awesome...and that's about all that was awesome.  It's a nice timer for sure and maybe due to my familiarity with the AMG, I just didn't find it all that intuitive.  I don't really have the patience to mess with it right now and I was a little irritated that the app requires a subscription.  The display is super nice, the magnet mount that comes with it is nice, but it's a bit of a pain to have to remove it to see times, where as the AMG has a third party belt clip with a hinge...super easy to flip and see what's what, especially for dry fire.  Live fire everything's on the phone so it doesn't really matter that much.

So I was a little disappointed with the SG timer.  Maybe if I had that one before the AMG I would have liked it better, but for the money I would advise people to buy the AMG.  It seems a lot of the functionality of the SG timer comes with the app, and as mentioned, that's by subscription.  The one time purchase price of the practiscore log app was much more cost friendly.

Forgot to add, the SG timer is also rechargeable, which is also a nice feature.  However, the AMG lasts forever with standard AAA batteries.

Edited by clw42

2 minutes ago, euxx said:

Thanks! BTW, give it a try with your new timer too...

Okay I will.  I'll tinker with it more in the off season.  For now, I'm just sticking with the AMG.