Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

the most acurate one

megaman

to those with greater glock experience than i, which glock (stock) can claim the title as most accurate.  some one told me it was the 10mm, i tried it and his was impressive.  it was stock except the addition of after factory night sights, a laser max, and a glock factory 3.5# connector.  any other thoughts?

Lasermax? All the Glocks I have shot are pretty accurate for offhand shooting. G35, G34, G30, G19, G26(very accurate for it's size). If you can hold the sight picture still as you release the shot, the glocks will do it. Are you planning on shooting aspirins off a sign post or "A" zones in a competition?

As a former owner of a 21 and a 30 I can say that they were the two most accurate Glocks I've had.The ones I had that I can compare them to were two 19s,two 23s,a 20 and a 26.Hope this helps.IIRC Massad Ayoob is real high on the 30 as being the most accurate Glock he has fired.

it's easier to shoot the long golcks. but off a bench i've found the mini golcks to be more accurate, i think the double recoil springs make for a tighter lock up. that said i shoot the 24 and 34 best off hand by a large marging

i seem to recall an article in one of the glock annuals where they did some accuracy testing using a ransom rest.  of course i can't find it under the stack of gun mags i collected.  anybody got that issue handy to settle this question?

megaman,

I doubt there are any absolutes.  Our Glocks are designed as high production tools with interchangable parts.  As such, the tolerences aren't held real tight.  A tightly fit gun is often the luck of the draw.  

Longer guns, with their increased sight radius, might help the shooter when shooting off-hand.  Likey wouldn't make any difference if put into a maching rest.

The large framed guns, since they are made of different parts, could offer some variety.

Ammo choice...and even caliber choice are great factors as well.

Lots of variables.

• 3 weeks later...

Of the Glocks i've owned a 21 & 24 have been consistantly the "most" accurate.

THe 17L's & 24's were/are fit tighter than the garden variety Glocks.

Proved this to myself {sort of} by tossing 24 top end on a 22 receiver. Pretty sure I know how they did it but not 100%.