Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Setting Up A 35

Rising Sight

I want to set up my son's model 35 for him for Christmas. He currently has a Glock 35 with a THE Brass magwell,Heinie rear sight and a Dawson FO. He has a CR Speed belt with a Blade Tech DAO holster and two Uncle Mike's double mag pouches.

I'm not familiar with Glocks,so I decided to ask some of you with Glock experience what you would recommend.

He has the basics very nicely covered - the 35 is set up to run the way he has it.

Some people like to add a tungsten guide rod, to add a little weight others think it affects reliability . What a Glock needs he has already done.

If he is shooting USPSA maybe upgrading the mag pouches would be nice. Since he already runs a CR Speed belt, maybe upgrade the mag pouches to CR Speed mag pouches and consider acompetition type holster. Personally , I run a Hogue - CR Speed, Ghost, etc are all good. It comes down to his personal preference.

Does he reload? Does he have a Dillon?

Bullets, the brand and weight he uses, in quantity, are always appreciated. Anybody would like 10,000 or 15,000 .40 cal bullets for reloading.

Or better yet, just give him a hug and go shooting with him - that will mean as much or more than anything you could buy.

He is getting a Square Deal for Christmas already. I keep plenty of reloading components around,so he doesn't really need any of those as a gift.

I was just reading another thread about tungsten guide rods in the 35. The Wolff rod and 15lb spring seem to be a good bet from what I gathered from that thread.

I will get him some new mag pouches. The CR Speed pouches do seem to be a very nice pouch.

The trigger is another area that I am looking into also. Glockmeister has some 3.5lb triggers on their site that seem to be very reasonable.

Thanks for the reply. And its Sunday, so we will be heading out to the range today.

I have a Pact Timer/Chrono that I bought from Brian already. I have Brian's book, both of Saul Kirsch's books, Steve Anderson's dry fire book and Matt Burkett's videos volumes 1-4 and 7. All of that is available to him whenever he wants to use it.

www.triggerkit.com looks like they have a very reasonable kit. I'll do a search for Ralph Sotolo and Vanek and see what that brings up.

Thanks again

Adopt me too.

It seems like you have everything covered for the G35.

I am sure he could always use a 2 or 3 day shooting class with Dave Sevigny, Frank Gracia, Matt Burkett, or Max Michel and Travis Tomasie. Choose one and surpise him.

That is what I wanted but I think I am getting a book on "How to become rich before I retire out of Military so I can spend my retirement shooting and traveling"

Edited by glock17w

+1

I don't think the tigger jobs offered by some of the resources mentioned here are worth the money. I have seen several people with those trigger jobs having problems with their gun "doubling" or not resetting properly. They just don't seem to have long term reliability that is necessary for a firearm. Then when you look at the cost of the service! WOW, think about what else that money could go toward? Like shooting more to get better with what you have. Not to mention you won't have to send your gun anywhere. JMO :ph34r:

Edited by Rocket35

The link 'www.triggerkit.com" IS R. Sotelo's 2lb trigger job, discussed extensively in this forum. I have the kit -- actually, two of 'em, for my 35 and 34 -- and like it very much. You put the parts in yourself.

I like on my G35:

Heine/Dawson FO sight combo (though I'm starting to sink into the abyss, and question FO's).

Eric's TruGrip: man, I can't believe what a difference this stuff makes until I changed it, and felt the pistol again w/out it -- like holding an eel. What you're used to, I guess.

Tungsten guide rod and 15lb spring from CGR. Something about this combo -- it's unbelieveable how flat this pistol shoots, with 180 Zero's and N320. Wish I could do it justice.

Above-referenced trigger job.

Thing I tried that I didn't like: THE magwell.

This stuff is all so subjective, though....Look how many folks win actual, real-life matches, and major tournaments with stock pistols!

+1

I don't think the tigger jobs offered by some of the resources mentioned here are worth the money. I have seen several people with those trigger jobs having problems with their gun "doubling" or not resetting properly. They just don't seem to have long term reliability that is necessary for a firearm. Then when you look at the cost of the service! WOW, think about what else that money could go toward? Like shooting more to get better with what you have. Not to mention you won't have to send your gun anywhere. JMO :ph34r:

I shoot a Vanek and several RS drop in kits.

IMHO, the adjustable over/pre travel ejector housing is the cause of most doubling /reset issues.

As long as you don't get too close with the stops and remember to loctite the screws, you're OK.

+1

Ralph's trigger kit cost me $70.00 delivered, you install it yourself. So far I have not had any problems with it.

I highly recommend Ralph Sotelo's trigger kit. It is inexpensive, absolutely drop-in, and makes a HUGE difference over the stock trigger. I have two, and every future glock I own will have one. If sonny doesn't like it, he can just take it out.

THE guide rod and 15# springs will make a noticable improvement. Tungsten guide rod? Some like them. I have one, but don't think it makes much if any difference over the steel.

CR Speed mag pouches - very cool.

Eric's Tru-Grip.

Happy holidays.

-joker22