Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for SW 686 plus pro grip with beavertail and bottom extension.

wanttolearn

I found this photo in the new Dillon catalogue...the photo/advertisement is meant for a comp tac holster.

i went to the comp tac website but can not find any info on the grip itself.

i would love to get a grip like this for the SW 686 plus pro.

wondering if anyone had seen this one or knew of a similar design, i really like the beavertail and the bottom extension.

thank you

7184AFF3-5829-43A4-9847-0EDFEE6C4ED0_4_5005_c.jpeg

Some kind of tight grain hardwood. Maple would be a good choice. It looks like they used ebony.

You might try to locate a Trausch grip. That is a molded rubber version of (kind of) the same thing. Those were used on French police model 10s for many years. Most of them are in France, but some have made it to the USA. You might look on the gun auction sites, eBay, Amazon, etc.

Edited by Toolguy

I understand....i thought perhaps it was a bondo type of adhesive product that one could shape and then allow to harden.

thank you for taking the time to respond.

do you think you'll have one of your hammers available for the 686 plus pro type of revolvers?

Edited by wanttolearn

4 hours ago, wanttolearn said:

i understand....any thoughts as to what material might be used to create the beavertail.....i have a neurologic injury and this might be a great option for me.

Houge makes custom grips all the time. I’m sure if they’re the ones who made it they can make it again. MWP has Pats number so he might be able to help but their customer service line is super responsive and is probably the more efficient route.

• 2 weeks later...