Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS 2 Racing Green vs TS75 Orange for USPSA

rbx

As of right now, I do not believe the TS2 is available in .40 in the states. The guns you are asking about are specifically for limited division, and you want to be shooting major if you're going to drop that $$ on a competition gun that only fits in one division. That being said, I'd go for the TSO at the moment. They are nearly identical to be completely honest, the TSO fitment is supposedly a better and an all around more refined gun, but that could be hearsay. Used TS/ TSO's in .40 come up on the classifieds here for a decent deal every once and a while. If you are committed to limited division and are buying this to be a competition focused gun, I'd go for a used TSO in .40. 

CC3D  Thanks for the reply! Actually I was thinking about buying a 9mm for availability and cost.  I am old (63), can't move fast and just want to have fun.

If thats all you're after they both are a blast. The TS platform in 9mm shoots like a dream. I'd say get whichever one you can find a bargain on, theres not many objectively different things that would sway me to purchase one over the other aside from caliber options. Give us an update once you decide! 

The CZ video with Grauffel showcases the new lineup, and there was no Orange model in the video.  That makes it pretty clear to me.  Makes sense too, the orange color would turn the Timmies off, and there's way more Timmies than Gamers. Orange was an odd choice to begin with, why not red, or really any other color? 

I bought one of each last March--a TSO in 40 and a TS2 (it's only available in 9). So if you're looking for uspsa, then know that the only gun that shoots major PF is TSO. Outside of the major/minor PF issue, the guns are almost identical. Mine had identical trigger pulls (1lb 9oz) and were exceedingly accurate. I had fully adjustable sights installed on both. The one difference that is noticeable is the grip. The TS2 has the Shadow 2 grip and the TSO has the Czechmate grip. While the grips are quite similar, there are differences. I have small-ish hands (or more accurately, shorter fingers) and I noticed that I preferred the TSO grip because the TS2 grip is elongated in length (frontstrap to backstrap) relative to TSO, which made TS2 slightly more difficult to draw the gun and hit thumb safety on the way up (although, it was bothersome for my-sized fingers to hit thumb safeties on both guns, which is why I ultimately sold both guns and switched to 2011 platform). 

Now, for range toy use, if I had the money, I would still have and shoot the CZs because they are fantastic guns. I have thought about buying a Shadow 2 for CO because then I wouldn't have to worry about activating the thumb safeties when drawing.

Good luck! 

Edited by jt1207
clarified

I really like the czc solid rear sight. 
it sits back farther. 
Only thing I don’t like is it’s a Single centered set screw. 
that’s the weakest point on the slide and if you torgue it down to much it will crush down on the firing pin channel. 
If they change that to a dual set screw 

it would perfect !

Edited by Superkaratemonkeyfighter

2 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

I really like the czc solid rear sight. 
it sits back farther. 
Only thing I don’t like is it’s a Single centered set screw. 
that’s the weakest point on the slide and if you torgue it down to much it will crush down on the firing pin channel. 
If they change that to a dual set screw 

it would perfect !

Crap...this is a good point.  I use an older 'shelf' fixed rear sight on my Orange as a slide racker of sorts, and I have it so I can slip it in and out with the set screw.  But I have to be careful with torquing it down.  Maybe fashion a small plate to put in that recess on top of the frame to help.

Edited by MoRivera

Now I am having second thoughts and thinking about a CZ Shadow 2 Optics-Ready to use in Carry Optics because I really want a 9mm and .40 is common for limited, so.....  What to do?  If I could find a deal on a used CZ Shadow 2 Optics-Ready I would probably buy it.  I am so confused as to what to do?

2 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Yea be carful I crushed mine didn’t notice till I tryed to get the firing pin spring out and it was held up in the channel. 
I fixed it but still prefer the dual set screw now that apply pressure on the sides 

Just checked mine is ok.  I put a small layer of plastic from a clamshell packaging and only tighten down until I feel resistance now.  If I stay with this I might just drill and tap dual holes on the side for new set screws.

Edited by MoRivera

I had a Kensight adjustable LPA-patern on a TS slide that I had mated to an SP01 frame....shot a lot out of it and never had any problems.  Regular factory 9mm stuff and 147 reloads.  Also shot some .40 S&W out of it in Limited, as the slide is actually a .40, but also uses a 9mm conversion barrel.

image.thumb.png.622d3ca3b4d5dd5ff14555337ab54b32.png

Edited by MoRivera