Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chuck Warner

Specialneeds

Anyone know what happened to him? Years ago paid for a full custom pistol well over $6000. Somehow, he lost his ffl and fell off the earth.

Anyone have a current phone number or address?? All the contact information I have is outdated or unresponsive.

It has been almost five years of being paid in full and no communication.

Thank you all.

There was some buzz about him coming back relatively recently, working in New Mexico.  I know that gunwriter Layne Simpson was a big fan.

There are a bunch of folks in the same boat as you from back in the early 90's.  He got real famous for being featured ALL OVER Simpson's book on custom 1911s, took a bunch of orders (and deposits), and then got gone.

That gets me

"This content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted."

When I look from my own groups list
"Posting in this group is temporarily paused

An admin paused new posts in this group. Only admins can post. Everyone in the group can comment and react to existing content."

and

"Last active 15 weeks ago."

Yeah.. I do suppose that is how cookie crumbles. Though after nearly five years, his contact numbers seem to have changed..

Wonder what happened with all the bren ten deposits. A lot of people put in for that.

Thank you all. Sad. It seems pointless to try any legal action, seeing as he did not pop for ffl search last time I looked. He had a rep when I met him. Should have listened. Good nature said "everyone can change". Seems like this has happened a few times over the last 20 years.

Wonder what ever happened between him and Layne.

Thank you all. Appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

@Specialneeds@Jim Watson@Braxton1:  I don't think Mr. Warner would object to me posting this quote, but I came across it this morning on the 1911 Pro FB page and thought it might shed some light on what has happened.  And, IMO, it appears that most if not all his (customer) inventory was seized and he's been fighting to regain his possessions for some time?

So, Shay Akai pointed something very serious out today, and I must say, everyone related to guns and gunsmithing should be sick to there Stomachs.
Michael Curtis has a pinned post, that explains some of it, but I also have first hand experience, with the latest being yesterday.  Many of you know I have been at odds with this regulatory Agency for quite some time, for various reasons.  I have pushed back for over a decade, for clear and concise definitions. I have learned the hard way that clear and concise, do not serve their purpose.  Yesterday, we had a meeting with the ATF in my criminal asset forfeiture case. This was an informal, but very important meeting.  It was to go over each and every piece of property being called guns/receivers, and the definition of such.
To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time the ATF has been challenged on this level, concerning pistols, receivers, and their definition.  I was arrested and charged in October of 2019, the definitions were changed in Dec of 2019, and even now, they are changing yet again.  The biggest takeaways I have thus far, are that, as of right NOW, If you were a former ffl holder, and you sell a single weapon, you CAN be charged with selling without a license. Period.  Their discretion. This is a political Trojan horse.  There is more coming.

I am in no way defending Chuck's work ethic or practices; just shedding some light that may help to understand his situation...........

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

It seems like this man has had many issues. How or why, I am not certain. What I am certain of, is that many people in that industry have provided services for decades without those issues.

Due to my christian nature.. I cannot begrudge him. Best of luck. However, things do tend to happen for a reason. After such a rocky history and reportedly occurring to multiple persons...

Appreciate the insight. Thank you for sharing.