Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Midwest Regional

The Icore Midwest Regional will held in Louisville Nebraska again this year.There will be 12 stages with 2 classifiers and 2 bonus time stages.

It will be shot on Saturday, June 18 at Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.

Registration will be on Practiscore, will announce exact date later.

More details to follow.  The stages will be on the Practiscore page for the match.

• 1 month later...

Registration for the ICORE Midwest Regional match is now open!

https://practiscore.com/2022-icore-midwest-regional/register

Saturday, June 18th at the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club near Louisville, NE.

GPS coordinates to range gate:  41.00204290757441, -96.10426437301344

12 stages (two of which are classifiers) plus chrono.

$100, payable online at registration

Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

We will have 12 stages, in addition to our beloved chrono stage, for the match.  It will require 229 rounds (if you don't miss).

I have the opportunity to serve as the the MD again this year and Joe Sutton will be doing the honors as RM one more time.

We are really to trying to grow Icore in the Midwest.  Hope to see you lots of you folks there!

https://practiscore.com/2022-icore-midwest-regional/register

Don

If anyone needs some quality ICORE competition take a jaunt over to MCPSL near De Soto, Ks.  https://practiscore.com/clubs/mill-creek-practical-shooting-league

April 23 9am

May 14 2pm

ENGC, the host range for the Regional has ICORE matches https://practiscore.com/clubs/eastern_nebraska_icore

April 10

May 8

And since we have 16 Revolvers at the Free State in July I'm hoping to get some out for the MCPSL USPSA matches, 2nd Saturday each month.  Not perfect for ICORE Practice but better than dry fire or banging away in the back 40!

• 2 months later...

Back home and recuperating from the match.  Heat Index of over 105 made this a gruelling marathon.  Bay 4 has become known as Hades Pleasure Pit, no wind or shade and so brutal that even the 20 year old speedsters took notice!  Though we felt the heat, I don't believe we lost anyone due to it.  Scores may have trailed off, but that's to be expected.

BUT it was well worth it.  Very effecient administration and just plain hard work put in by the Range Crew ramrodded by Don Rush and Tom Howard led to a good mix of courses.  With a lot of chances to hit the gas, when we should be focusing on feathering the brakes.  

I can't thank Don, Tom and crew enough.

Squad 4 was filled with some genuinely interesting characters, Bob Border who's been shooting this Action Pistol type stuff longer than I (didn't know there were any?  I almost felt like a pup again), Kolby Pavlock (young and fast someone to watch, and a genuinely nice young man he even listend to my stories!), Range Master Joe Sutton and RO Mark Mandrell worked their tails off and still ended up placing 2nd in L6 (joe) and winning L6 (Mark), thanks you two.  Father and Son Mike & Sam Carmoney were there, Sam ain't a little sprout anymore but is fun young man to be around, he just couldn't quite keep up with dad.  Probably due to the treachery of age, ummm I mean wisdom.😀

Several made extensive journey's to get here so there was a good mix from around the country.

Congratulations to Kolby Pavlok for HOA and an Open win, Kurt Ulrich for 2nd OA and the Limited win, Mark Mandrell won L6 and Scott Frazier took home the Classic title.

The charming Kelly Brown was High Lady, Kurt Ulrich took home High Senior, Dave Williams snagged High Super Senior and Juan Hernandez grabbed Distinguished Senior with the gusto of a young man chasing his dreams.  Dale Clelland was High Military, Kurt Ulrich was top Law Enforcement and one intrepid soul, Larry Crain, shot Snubby.

Anyone who goes to the bigger matches will surely run into Don Rush, he's a working machine, if so pick his brain or give him some ideas for the 2023 MW Regional,  I'm sure he will listen.  

Hope to see even more than the 35 who showed up this year, in 2023!