Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on which SP-01 Shadow

apetrulis01

I have been looking on CZ custom's website. I am thinking about getting a SP-01 Shadow. The SP-01 grip fits my hand better then the Shadow 2. 

Is the CZ SP-01 Custom Shadow pretty much ready to go, trigger job and all. Just looking for a little input. 

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/sp01-shadow-custom-black.html

Thanks,

Adam 

Yes the SP-01 you reference will be ready to go. You may want a little different grip texture or shape.  There are also different trigger shapes that are available as well as common springs that can be changed but this is all minor and preference driven. It’s a great competition pistol. 

It has been a great choice for years.  I shot a very similar package from Matt Mink, until it got redone as a carry optics rig for my son to shoot.  My wife has the "target" model of linked gun.  It is very consistent and very ready to run package.  On the CZs that I have, the cajun triggers are a bit better than the CZ custom.  Also, the cz custom front site is a bit wide for my preference.  

1 hour ago, Artemas said:

Reading through the feature list it sounds like it is pretty well worked over.

I get it though, some of the CZ and CZC stuff can be confusing as hell.

I believe that the one you listed is the same one I have. It is a really nice gun.

Yes, it is very confusing. Lol. That is why I came for the wisdom from Enos. 

14 minutes ago, TRG65 said:

It has been a great choice for years.  I shot a very similar package from Matt Mink, until it got redone as a carry optics rig for my son to shoot.  My wife has the "target" model of linked gun.  It is very consistent and very ready to run package.  On the CZs that I have, the cajun triggers are a bit better than the CZ custom.  Also, the cz custom front site is a bit wide for my preference.  

Is the accushadow worth the extra money?

I have accushadow and non.  I got one converted after the rules loosened up on production and carry optics.  At USPSA speeds, I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage  because I'm shooting a SP-01 instead of the accushadow that I let my son use.    When I shoot groups to check zero or do some test, the accushadow groups do tend to be smaller.