Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 for CO and RFPO am I nuts

lawboy

Planning to run one Glock with two top ends this season and try to make master in both divisions. Is that crazy?

I have shot a few matches every year for several years using a 2022 conversion gun in RFPO and various other 22s in RFPI, and TacSo rifle in RFRO. 

I was never too serious but this year I have set some goals and plan to run the Glock.  I shoot my 2022s better than the Glock conversion but I think with some dry and live fire training, which I have started, I will be able to raise my performance with the Glock and get to Master this season.

Is that misguided? Should I stick with the 2022 for RFPO?  Interested in opinions more informed than my own.

I don’t think you will get the Glock conversion to be reliable enough to achieve your goal. 
I’ve never gotten them to run reliable enough to consider them viable, but your mileage may vary. 
good luck. 

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

I don’t think you will get the Glock conversion to be reliable enough to achieve your goal. 

My experience too. I have two of them. They are nice for cheap practice but be prepared to do a lot of "tap-rack-bang".  The TacSol is more reliable than the AA but ain't cheap.

18 minutes ago, lgh said:

The TacSol is more reliable

I've actually been shooting this quite a bit lately. With AR15 22 lr it is "pretty reliable" with one malfunction in 50+ rds.. One trick if you do get one is to load the last round so the bullet nose points above the margin of the magazine. OTW it will nose dive into the feed ramp. If you get one, please report back.

One gun with two top ends doesn't seem to work. You'll be running to the safety area every time you need to change uppers.  That means you are not reloading or painting.  Id recommend staying with your 2022 for rimfire.

4 hours ago, RJH said:

Every time I've tried the combo gun idea, and I've tried it several times, I've always hated it and ended up buying two guns

For me that ends up being 4 guns because you need a backup for each one...

:)

5 hours ago, RJH said:

Every time I've tried the combo gun idea, and I've tried it several times, I've always hated it and ended up buying two guns

I take it a step farther.  At least one gun for each function.  No compromises.  No dual use.